Hey, I'm Nelson, the CEO and Co-founder of HowNow, and I’m hiring! Before I tell you more about our role, here’s a bit more about us…
Our mission is to make meaningful learning a part of your everyday work! 🧠
The shelf life of our skills is now less than 5 years. So, if you stopped learning today, you’d soon end up irrelevant. Think that’s a big problem? You’d be right.
Enter HowNow. Founded in 2019, this is the problem our Learning Experience Platform is solving. It’s disrupting the way people learn and grow at work through technology. Whether it's finding a quick answer, building a skill, or tapping into shared knowledge, we make it easy for people to learn what they need, when they need it.
On the back of our Series-A funding, the next stage of our ambitious journey begins. Already used by fast-growing scale-ups and global enterprises, such as Checkout.com, Depop and Investec, we’re pushing the boundaries of how people learn.
We’re looking for a Head of Product with a track-record of building market leading products, the technical know-how to demonstrate what it takes and the people skills to bring together talent to make it happen.
You'll have a curious and critical mind to understand user needs, scope features with diligence and to communicate features commercially and technically.
Day-to-day tasks will include 📩
- You’ll take core product ownership responsibilities, (roadmap, user stories, stakeholder buy-in, prioritisation), with a mindset focussed on problem-solving and delivering outcomes, not just outputs.
- Build and manage a world-class product team
- You'll use data to find opportunities to innovate, improve customer experience and increase adoption.
- You’ll work autonomously through the backlog while making sure that features get delivered quickly and efficiently, taking a lean approach.
- You'll set key metrics, track and monitoring your features' performance and functionality after launch to iterate and improve on them
- You'll work with marketing, customer success and dev team to take a feature from idea to live release.
- You'll support sales and customer success on sales pitches and product enablement sessions.
- You’ll network and build influence on social networks, forums, and at in-person events
- You'll communicate product updates to our team and customers
The key things that we will be looking for in applicants 🔑
- You have at least 2+ years of experience as a Head of Product in a software company, preferably B2B SaaS.
- You've got the leadership skills to inspire and rally the team around a problem
- You have solid experience with customer event/usage tracking, growth frameworks (e.g. AARRR) and using this data to drive product usage and customer retention.
- You have experience with modern delivery methodologies including Agile, Scrum and Kanban.
- You understand building hypotheses from first principles, critically assessing information rather accepting received wisdom.
- You're got experience meeting your own deadlines and helping others reach theirs.
- You're hungry to learn and develop your teams knowledge and skill set.
- You have a track record of working with product managers, designers and engineers to build great products
- You're able to zoom in to the detail and back out to the big picture frequently.
- You have experience in project management or digital strategy (user experience design, business analysis) with a focus on application development.
What you’ll get
🏡 A flexible approach to hybrid working (most of us are in 1-2x a week) and working hours
💆 Wind-down Fridays. No meetings from 2pm-6pm on Fridays, for you to wind down for the weekend. A few ways our HowNow’ers use this time is to exercise, study, or spend some time with their family and friends
🏖️ Workcations. We try to get our Mumbai and UK teams together to brainstorm in person over a company retreat. We’ve previously met in Goa, Turkey, and Copenhagen
💡Access to the very best learning platform out there (HowNow+) to keep you at the top of your game
📚 An annual £200 learning and development budget
🌴 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
👩🏾⚕️ Private health insurance through Vitality
👨👩👧 .Enhanced maternity and paternity policies
🤩 Monthly socials, which have included mini-golf, Hijingo, shuffleboarding, 5-a-side football and Badminton
🚲 Cycle to Work scheme
🐶 Dog friendly offices
👩💻A shiny new Macbook and work from home equipment
Once you've applied, we'll get back in touch with you. This is usually within the next 3 working days. Sometimes it can take slightly longer, but we will get back to you as soon as we can, irregardless of what the outcome of your application is.
If we've decided it's a match, you'll be invited to a 30-minute video call with Dom, our Senior Talent Partner.
After the initial call, if we're both interested in moving ahead, you'll be invited to meet with Nelson, our CEO for 45 minutes so you can get to know each other better.
Following a successful interview, you'll meet again with Nelson, Kunal and Sam, and will deliver a role specific task - you get the chance to understand the type of work you'd do on a daily basis, and we find out more about what you can bring to the role.
We asked employees of HowNow how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at HowNow
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
Shoreditch, London and Mumbai, India