Hey, I'm Kuvera, the COO and Co-Founder at HowNow, and I’m hiring! Before I tell you more about our role, here’s a bit more about us…
Our mission is to make meaningful learning a part of your everyday work! 🧠
The shelf life of our skills is now less than 5 years. So, if you stopped learning today, you’d soon end up irrelevant. Think that’s a big problem? You’d be right.
Enter HowNow. Founded in 2019, this is the problem our Learning Experience Platform is solving. It’s disrupting the way people learn and grow at work through technology. Whether it's finding a quick answer, building a skill, or tapping into shared knowledge, we make it easy for people to learn what they need, when they need it.
On the back of our Series-A funding, the next stage of our ambitious journey begins. Already used by fast-growing scale-ups and global enterprises, such as Checkout.com, Depop and Investec, we’re pushing the boundaries of how people learn.
You'll take on the responsibility of operational finance at HowNow, as well as supporting the business with planning forward and key data, e.g forecasting, scenario planning, and board decks. You'll also need a background in SaaS, as these are the metrics you'll be working with daily.
Day-to-day tasks will include 📩
- You'll oversee end-to-end finance operations, and month and year-end journals
- You'll produce high-level quarterly management accounts including analysis of non-financial performance SaaS metrics including CAC, LTV, churn and growth rates
- You'll monitor the finance health of the business, tracking and mitigating any financial risk
- You'll business partner with our stakeholders across the business
- You'll assist with preparation of Board Packs
- You'll own the month end processes, including variance analysis
- You'll prepare for audits
- You'll produce scenario planning and sensitivity analysis, particularly around different revenue outcomes and hiring plans
- You'll be the person of contact for our outsourced providers, such as accountants, bookkeepers, and payroll
The key things that we're looking for in applicants 🔑
- You're fully-qualified, or part-qualified by exams (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- You're experienced with Accounting Software - preferably Quickbooks
- You're great at building relationships with other stakeholders across the organisation
- You've got advanced Microsoft Excel skills
What you’ll get:
💰 A competitive salary and performance based quarterly bonus - let's have a chat about it.
🏡 A flexible approach to hybrid working (2x a week) and working hours
💆 Wind-down Fridays. No meetings from 2pm-6pm on Fridays, for you to wind down for the weekend. A few ways our HowNow’ers use this time is to exercise, study, or spend some time with their family and friends. Read more about it here.
🏖️ Workcations. We try to get our Mumbai and UK teams together to brainstorm in person over a company retreat. We’ve previously met in Goa, Turkey, and Copenhagen
💡 Access to the very best learning platform out there (HowNow+) to keep you at the top of your game
👩👩👦👦 Enhanced paternity and maternity policies that you can learn more about here
📚 An annual £500 learning and development budget
🌴 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and your birthday day off
💰 An enhanced employee pension scheme
👩🏾⚕️ Private health insurance through Vitality
🤩 Monthly socials, which have included mini-golf, Hijingo, shuffleboarding, 5-a-side football and Badminton
🚲 Cycle to Work scheme
🐶 Dog friendly offices
👩💻A shiny new Macbook and work from home equipment
Once you've applied, we'll get back in touch with you. This is usually within the next 3 working days. Sometimes it can take slightly longer, but we will get back to you as soon as we can, irregardless of what the outcome of your application is.
If we've decided it's a match, you'll be invited to a 30-minute video call with Dom, our Senior Talent Partner.
After the initial call, if we're both interested in moving ahead, you'll be invited to meet with Kuvera and Pauline (Head of People) for 45 minutes so you can get to know each other better.
Following a successful interview, you'll meet with Nelson (CEO and Co-Founder) for 30mins as well as someone from the Board of Directors.
We asked employees of HowNow how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at HowNow
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
Shoreditch, London and Mumbai, India