Assist some of the UK's best and brightest Entrepreneurs to accelerate their ground-breaking innovations through acquiring grant funding.
Are you ready to put your keen grant writing expertise to good use by assisting our clients in producing outstanding, compelling and fund worthy grant applications? Are you eager to become a critical funding partner to the UK’s most exciting start-ups and scaleups? Does the idea of working in a self-managed environment excite you?
If this sounds like you, read on!
GrantTree’s Grants team works with many of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them access Innovate UK and other grant funding mechanisms through its suite of consultancy services. We’re looking for an experienced senior grants consultant to work alongside our sales and technical writing team to deliver Innovate UK applications on behalf of our clients. As part of GrantTree’s Grant Funding team, you will work to develop, design and deliver suitable grant funding projects for interested prospects. You’ll also be dealing directly with senior executives and founders, negotiating commercial deals and building high-value client relationships. But you won’t be going it alone. Our Technical Writing team will also be available to support the delivery of projects under your direction.
GrantTree is an innovation funding consultancy specializing in Grants, R&D Tax Credits, Video Game Tax Relief and Advanced Funding. We work with some of the UK’s most innovative companies, helping them to maximize their government funding opportunities. We have ambitious plans for 2023 and beyond and are looking for bright, motivated, and conscientious people to expand our Grants practice.
That’s where you come in!
As you’ll be working with some of our most important and interesting clients, helping them make the most of GrantTree’s services. As a Senior Grants Partner, you’ll be leading projects and have exposure to senior stakeholders early on. The opportunity to work with some of the best innovators in the health and life sciences arena to identify a winning bid and develop our processes to become more efficient.
On a typical day you might:
- Manage the writing of a grant application for an Innovate UK competition
- Gather information and source feedback on draft applications from a client and GrantTree stakeholders
- Pitch GrantTree’s services and build scope of work proposals for a new business lead
- Assess a company’s eligibility for our services
- Host calls with clients and GrantTree’s grant delivery team
- Report the results of client applications to the wider team
- Develop innovative science, engineering and technology concepts with customers
- Produce professionally written content that clearly aligns the technical concept and business case into the funding scope and expected outcomes.
- Coordinate technical and commercial inputs from all stakeholders
- Host meetings with customers and stakeholders to ensure funding application requirements and deadlines are adhered to.
- Build frameworks for work packages based on an agreed budget
- Validate and complete funding applications that meet application guidelines
- Pitch GrantTree’s services to potential clients
- Delve into the inner workings of potential projects to accurately assess their eligibility for open competitions and our services
- Broker partnerships and negotiate commercial deals with founders, FDs and CTOs
- Do whatever it takes to ensure a winnable application is submitted on time, and satisfy the client
- Lead a client call or get involved with writing a grant application
- Report results of a grant funding application to the team
- A PhD or extensive practical experience in a STEM-related subject/industry
- At least 4 - 6 years of consulting experience (or similar)
- A track record of writing successful Innovate UK / other grant applications
- Confidence in working to strict deadlines
- Experience with the science and technology ecosystem
- A keen interest in cutting-edge technology
Salary and Benefits
For this role, the salary will be £65k + based on experience. In addition to your salary, we are offering a place where you can be yourself, develop your skills and fulfil your potential.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days paid holiday
- Training & development budget
- Monthly wellness budget
- A generous and inclusive parental leave policy
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Discounted private health insurance
- Season ticket loan
- Study, pawternity and charity leave
- Regular social and wellness events
- Access to premium platforms like Spill for mental wellbeing
Teams are stronger when they have a diverse range of people. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of the categories they put themselves in.
We asked employees of GrantTree how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at GrantTree
Gender diversity (male:female)