📍 Location - hybrid at our office in East London 2 days a week, the rest from home
❗You must have worked in an in-house FP&A role previously to succeed in this role
ABOUT THE ROLE
Goodlord’s mission is to provide the best renting experience in the world and we’re on the hunt for an FP&A Analyst, reporting directly to the FP&A Manager, to help us achieve this.
The FP&A Analyst will form a key part of the finance team, supporting the wider business with: tracking financial performance, providing insight, and commercial decisions. The successful individual is expected to drive informed decision making across all of our products, to drive growth and profitability whilst supporting elements of the financial model under the supervision of the FP&A manager.
No two days are ever the same at Goodlord so what you’ll be up to will vary. The pace we move at also means priorities will change and you’ll need to be comfortable with this (we’ll support you!). But these are the things that will be core to your role and will keep you busy.
The day to day stuff:
- Business partner with management team and Heads of departments to provide insightful analysis to support strategic initiatives, ad hoc analysis and scenario planning
- Analyse the trends of KPIs, with commentary and recommendations on variances, to assess business performance
- Assist the FP&A Manager to manage the corporate forecasting model, which consolidates subsidiaries and is an integrated P&L, cashflow & balance sheet model
- Assist in the month end process with management accounts preparation, setting up stakeholder review meetings, and preparing variance analysis
- Work with stakeholders to set annual budgets and support in the delivery of it
- Provide assistance with pricing analysis and cost savings
You should apply if you:
- Have completed your qualification (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- You have experience working with multiple revenue streams
- Have solid experience working in an in-house FP&A role within an SME
- Are able to produce clear graphical data representations & present data in a clear way for finance and non-finance professionals
- You have a background in finance with good financial modelling skills, and are comfortable with modelling scenarios
- You are able to understand a 3-statement forecasting model, and to trace and audit formulas independently
- Can interrogate data and are able to challenge its integrity
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills with an attention to detail
- Are highly numerate, with superb Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Google Slides
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to understand a task quickly and get going autonomously if necessary
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment, going through change and transformation
- A proven self-starter with an entrepreneurial 'can do’ attitude
It would also be great if you:
- Are able to use Tableau and SQL
- Have advanced commercial skills such as understanding margins, productivity, efficiency gains, etc.
- Have experience working in Tech and/or property sector
We started Goodlord because we wanted to make renting simple and transparent for everyone involved: the agent, landlord and tenant. We knew Generation Rent would lead to more tenants, with higher digital expectations and we were confident we could provide a solution.
And we did. Like all startups it’s been a bit of a roller coaster journey, but we’re now stronger than ever, with around 3000 letting agents using the platform, exciting & varied product lines and 320 Goodlordians supporting the mission!
Our purpose - building the best rental experience in the world - is clear to everyone, and so too is the fact that people are central to achieving that mission; we have worked hard to make Goodlord great so we’re proud to have been ranked 10th in the UK's Best Workplaces™ 2022 - Large category.
Not only that but the following too:-
- 10th Great Place to Work in the UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 23rd Wellbeing Great Place to Work in UK Large- sized businesses 2022
- 18th best workplace for Women in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- 13th best workplaces for Tech in UK large-sized businesses 2022
- Excellence in wellbeing for our dedication to goodlordian’s wellbeing
- Verified by Flexa as a Flexified employer - Top 100 for 2022
Our values guide our decisions, the way we work, our culture and the people we ask to join the team. We work hard, have fun and support each other. We’re not afraid to make mistakes (we’d never learn if we didn’t) and we’re always looking to challenge ourselves. Our style is collaboration based on honesty, friendship and respect.
It’s an exciting time here at Goodlord. If you’re inspired by what we’re doing, are up for a challenge and share our values, we’d love to hear from you.
WHY YOU’LL LOVE BEING A GOODLORDIAN:
Aside from the role, the people, our culture and our mission, we have some other things that make Goodlord a pretty awesome place to be. Here’s a few favourites amongst Goodlordians (check out our careers page for more info).
- 🚀 Grow with Goodlord: your development is important toority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check (including ID and DBS check) via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer ** us. Have a goal in mind? Share it with us and you can use your £1000 annual development fund to support it. We guarantee you’ll learn loads and develop both personally and professionally at Goodlord too!
- 💕 Your well-being matters: bi-weekly coaching with Sanctus to provide Goodlordians with a safe place to talk and support your mental health
- 🌴 Unlimited holiday and flexible time off: we encourage Goodlordians to make use of their unlimited time off to enjoy the world, recharge and reboot (subject to passing probation and fair usage principles). We also offer time off for volunteering and training, so you can give back to the community and pursue your passions
- 🤗 Supporting your family: we offer Goodlordians of all genders a generous 3 months of fully-paid time off to look after their new arrivals
- 🤩 Our team: we’re an energetic, sociable, and talented bunch who are super passionate about what we do and determined to make a difference. We’re all in it together, we learn from each other, we’re genuine and we don’t have time for politics
Goodlord wants applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life, we are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment. In fact one of our core values is Bring our whole selves to work which is really important to us. If there is anything you need to participate fully in the interview process we'd like to hear about that too, please just include it in your application. Come and join us!
** Please note, as we are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, all Goodlordians are required to pass a thorough referencing check via Experian before joining the team. We will only ask for references at the point of making an offer **
Regrettably we are not able to provide sponsorship for this role
No agencies please - we have tried and trusted partners we would turn to should we require support
We asked employees of Goodlord how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Goodlord
Gender diversity (male:female)