Do you enjoy transforming technical information into engaging learning experiences that motivate and inspire? Join us as a Learning Experience Designer, and you can make a difference by designing and developing learning experiences to help learners achieve employability outcomes within the digital economy.
What your day-to-day will look like with us
- Exemplify FourthRev’s values while demonstrating a commitment to our vision and strategy.
- Analyse, design, develop, implement and evaluate educational content and learning assets for FourthRev products.
- Demonstrate the principles of backward design and user-centric design in creating learning experiences.
- Support LXDs, Lead LXDs (LLXDs) and Product Owners throughout the end-to-end design process, including:
- Developing the course map with the LLXD and PO
- Developing course and module-level learning outcomes
- Creating assessment tasks and activities
- Developing assessment rubrics
- Understanding of the importance of accessible design principles
- Working with subject matter expert content to build learning materials
- Evaluation of pilot testing data and feedback to inform course enhancements.
- Create high-quality course materials, including:
- Peer review activities
- Discussion activities
- Reflective opportunities
- Written content
- Video scripts
- Motion graphic briefs
- Graphic briefs
- Audio content
- Interactive content through the use of H5Ps
- Live session and masterclass materials.
- Critically review the content of storyboards, video scripts and other assets to ensure they:
- align with assessment activities
- align with course-level outcomes
- align with the course-level structure
- follow sound pedagogical principles
- follow accessibility guidelines
- align with best learning design practices.
- Be responsible for reviewing and signing off proposed video and graphics content before their final development.
- Collaborate with Product Owners and LLXDs to perform reviews of learning content on the Canvas platform.
- Collaborate and liaise with peers, cross-functional team members, subject matter experts, and other internal stakeholders.
- Work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) to guide them in producing quality learning materials.
- Coach and mentor LXDs whilst developing content and be able to provide constructive feedback to enhance the quality of produced content.
- Support the project management of the programme, the course builds and ongoing product enhancement processes by informing the project plans, ensuring course development work is delivered to deadlines, and communicating risks.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of team templates and asset standards.
- Optional - The potential to specialise and support other team members in selected areas, e.g. as a data specialist.
What you’ll need to succeed
- 5+ years of Learning Design experience
- Ability to transform complex technical material into student-centric, easy-to-understand and engaging online courses, documentation, and instructor-led course materials
- Excellent research and writing skills
- Experience designing and developing high-quality, learner-centric online learning experiences at a post-graduate level
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines with quality performance
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Willingness to embrace the unknown, be flexible and continually learn in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to coach and mentor others in the team.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, preferably in Education, Instructional Design, Technology in Education or Technical Writing
- Preference for technical experience: Good working knowledge of at least two of the following: Excel, Tableau, SQL, Python, R. A working fluency in Python would be an additional bonus, as would data analytics and statistics skills.
Spend your days making a difference.
FourthRev builds world class online learning programmes that lead to qualifications from leading universities, certifications from the world's best technology companies and digital technology jobs with a global network of employer partners.
It’s our vision to become the world’s leading enabler of employability outcomes for students and lifelong learners. In doing so, and helping close the digital skills gap, our purpose is to create social and economic value on a global scale.
In less than two years we have partnered with ten of the world's most recognized technology companies to deliver cutting edge courses with universities in Australia, the UK and the US. Our unwavering commitment to quality, student outcomes and shared value partnerships has resulted in excellent growth and investment from leading US and European EdTech VCs. We have been recognised by JISC as one of the top 20 edtech start-ups in the UK and by HolonIQ in the ANZ top-50.
Why you’ll love working here
At FourthRev, we are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life. We are proud to be a remote first company that offers flexible working arrangements and ongoing professional growth and development. We place staff health and happiness at the core of strategy and operations as a critical component of our high performance culture. We are deeply passionate about work being a meaningful, fulfilling part of life.
Get ready to:
- You’ll tackle unique and challenging opportunities and embrace the unknown, supported by an amazing and talented team of professionals who genuinely care and want you to succeed.
- Your voice matters. We believe that people matter and that our success as an organisation is driven by the people within it.
- You’ll become part of a greater community. We’re passionate about enabling the growth of others, mentorship, lifelong learning, supporting learners in the digital economy and other causes.
- We are a globally diverse team with colleagues spanning different time zones including the U.K. Australia and South Africa. Let us know where you are, we will see if we can make it work!
Our DEI Commitment
We value diversity, equity, and inclusion at FourthRev. We aim to continue building a team with a variety of backgrounds, identities, and life experiences. Research has shown that historically underrepresented groups, such as people with disabilities, women, and people of color, are less likely to apply for a job unless they completely match all the criteria and qualifications.
If you feel that you do not meet every single requirement listed in the job description but you are excited about the opportunity and feel a connection to our vision and values we encourage you to submit your application
If you are not selected for this role, we will add you to our talent pool and continue to engage with you should a role arise that better aligns with your skillset and experience.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options FourthRev provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure FourthRev is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at FourthRev
Gender diversity (male:female)