Sales Development Representative (Liverpool or London)
At Flipdish, we’re turning the tables in favour of independent restaurant and takeaway owners by providing them with the tools they need to make their lives easier. We provide our customers with a suite of powerful, but straightforward tech along with (real human) support, so they can thrive on their own terms.
Everything we do is designed to make running a restaurant satisfyingly simple, in a world that’s anything but.
About this role…
Are you our next Sales Development Representative?
We’re looking for an upbeat, dynamic SDR to help us with our sales pipeline. Your main job is to engage and qualify prospective customers, serving as the first touch point for prospects.
Along with qualifying leads, and scheduling calls and meetings between prospects and sales executives, you’re our brand guardian, helping potential customers understand our product and answer any questions that may crop up.
Please note we’re creating a new Inbound SDR team, this will be hybrid working from a Liverpool or London based office with 2-3 days a week on site.
In this job, you’ll…
- Drive consistent pipeline generation via outbound activity (through cold-calling and emailing) and proactive follow up on marketing leads and sales inquiries that are made by potential customers through website chats, emails, and inbound calls.
- Convert leads into qualified prospects and develop a strong understanding of the lead’s pain points and key needs through thoughtful discovery questions.
- Effectively articulate Flipdish’s value proposition and be able to handle objections and answer competitive questions
- Set up meetings between potential customers and our Account Executives.
- Manage data of prospective clients in our CRM system, ensuring all communications are logged and information is accurate
We’re looking for:
- Great at communicating: You love connecting with people and building rapport, and thrive on having conversations.
- Resilient: You have to be comfortable with the uncomfortable-aka-getting lots of no’s and outright rejections, as well as continuously hunt for new prospects.
- Goal-oriented: You have to be ok with hitting quotas, and therefore, need to have experience setting goals and following them through.
- Interest in sales: You don’t need to be a sales pro with years of experience in sales to succeed in this role. But what you do need is to have an interest in learning and be open to growing into the role.
- Team player: You want to perform exceptionally well individually, whilst working in a fun, positive environment with a close-knit team!
What you get
We’re a growing startup and we understand that amazing incentives will attract amazing talent. As well as the perks, we provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth. If you’re smart, ambitious, and hard-working, we’ll do whatever it takes to make you a Flipdisher!
Some of our incentives include:
🏡 Flexible working - work in a way that works for you
🌴25 days holidays per year and plenty of company get togethers!
❤️🩹 Healthcare coverage for UK, Irish, and US employees
👩🏾🎓 Access to training and educational sponsorship
🎭 Team meet-ups and social events
🔗 You can read more about our benefits here
🦄 About Flipdish
We’re Flipdish, an Irish unicorn (valued at over $1bn), serving independent restaurants in a world transformed by tech. No matter how fast Flipdish has grown, we’ve evolved around our customers and their needs. We’re not just an end-to-end ecosystem of technology, but a team committed to supporting people in the food industry.
We go to great lengths to understand our customers (check out our C-suite on work experience). We’re food industry natives. We’ve worked in busy kitchens and run busy restaurant franchises. We don’t just help our customers deal with real life problems, we give them a way of competing with the big chains, growing on their own terms, and falling back in love with what they do.
At this point, you might expect the usual spiel about how great a place Flipdish is to work at and how great our work culture is (and it is!). But, this all depends on our employees. And that’s because we trust our employees to define what sort of an employer Flipdish is.
Transparency is hugely important to us. We listen to one another. We collaborate. And we give everyone a way to grow their careers through a supportive environment.
We’re a company that values diversity, inclusion, and wellbeing as standard. We believe in balance, not burnout. Every Wednesday is meeting-free and we get Summer Fridays (Fridays off during the summer). And all permanent employees qualify for our share scheme because we share our success.
We’re flexible employers. We have teams based on both sides of the Atlantic who get their jobs done both from home and from some of our beautiful offices in bustling cities like London & Dublin.
So, if you want to join a genuinely friendly team, take a look at our current openings and get in touch. And if you don’t see an opening just yet, do get in touch and register your interest with us anyway. We’ll be in touch as soon as something suitable opens up.
🙈Don’t be shy. Apply.
We know that imposter syndrome can be a thing. Don’t let it be. We want enthusiastic people from all backgrounds. If you feel like you’re up for working with us, get in touch.
We also understand neurodivergent candidates might need assistance. That’s not a problem in the slightest. Just reach out to us, we’d love to hear from you.
We asked employees of Flipdish how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Flipdish
Gender diversity (male:female)
Implementing initiatives to reach our 50:50 goal
Remote Friendly with offices in Dublin, London, Liverpool & Manchester
$100m (Series C) investment from Tencent, and Tiger Global, and we couldn’t be more excited. (Jan 2022)