We have an exciting opportunity for a tax professional into a varied industry role in an ambitious international business with a strong supportive and coaching culture. The individual will be responsible for overseeing the international tax affairs of Emerald and its subsidiaries., including corporate tax and VAT.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Be responsible for tax compliance for the Emerald Group, including US tax reporting for the US parent company.
- Monitor overseas sales tax thresholds and filing the necessary returns.
- Monitor and maintain deadlines for tax returns and tax payments worldwide Maintain ongoing compliance with internal risk management policies and identify process improvements.
- Assist in the Group’s active M&A programme.
- Liaise with The People Team on employee benefits, including reviewing PSAs.
- Review tax returns prepared in and out of house.
- Prepare QIP calculations.
- Review overseas accounts prepared by overseas team members.
- Lead projects with advisors. Key projects will include:- International taxation of electronic product, R&D reclaim, implementing systems to identify reclaims going forwards and managing the relationship with our external tax advisors.
You’ll need to have:
. An eye for detail, managing of deadlines and being able to communicate tax to non-tax specialists are key for success in this role.
• Equivalent of ACA or CTA qualified.
• Post qualification tax experience of working with group companies with an international reach.
• Preference will be given to a candidate with a background in international tax or VAT.
• Up to date technical knowledge of UK corporate tax and awareness of UK VAT rules.
• Knowledge of international tax environment, especially US rules.
• Ability to keep track of legislation changes and requirements.
• Curious & proactive ability to research new and unknown technical areas. Draw conclusions and recommendations from the research.
• Confident in managing external advisors.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• A “hands on” individual who enjoys working at a variety of levels.
• Excellent organisation and planning skills, both in day to day tasks and project planning.
• Ability to support and develop other team members in the finance team.
• Personable and professional attitude.
• Rigorous attention to detail.
• Ability to manage and work within tight deadlines.
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Emerald Publishing provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Emerald Publishing is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Emerald Publishing
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, China, USA, Dubai, Brazil, South Africa, Australia, Malaysia