We have a new vacancy in the Legal Team at Emerald Group Solutions! This is a fantastic opportunity for a Research Integrity Adviser to join and play a key role in Research Integrity at Emerald. The successful candidate will join a dedicated Research Integrity team, ensuring that Emerald publishes content to the highest ethical standards, acting swiftly where issues arise, to ensure the published record is corrected.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
- Manage a caseload of potential research integrity and publication ethics issues across the Emerald portfolio
- Support internal stakeholders and journal Editorial Teams in the investigation of cases
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the resolution of publication ethics cases
- Deliver training on publication ethics both internally and externally
- Actively use industry and Emerald guidelines to lead your work
- Support and advise the Peer Review Editor team on research integrity issues ahead of publication
You’ll need to have:
- Proven experience of the academic publishing industry with previous exposure to the peer review process and research integrity – including use of manuscript-submission systems (such as ScholarOne or Editorial Manager)
- Experience having difficult conversations with stakeholders - alongside influencing and diplomacy skills
- Advanced organisational skills which allow you to prioritise quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for research, its value, and the role that trust plays within the research ecosystem
- The ability to problem-solve and investigate whilst making data-driven decisions and taking a balanced approach to complex issues
- The drive to expand your knowledge base and keep up to date with industry developments
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Emerald Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Emerald Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Emerald Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Bingley, Edinburgh & Horsham + various non UK
What employees are saying
I like the confidence and autonomy I have to deliver my work regardless of the hour I work. This makes it much easier for people who work with time zones and assist clients in several countries.
Emerald Group Employee