We are looking for an experienced, driven and passionate Azure Cloud Engineer to be part of a small but busy team.
The successful individual will be part of our Azure AVS migration project and will also plan and support optimisation of Emeralds systems and services.
Day to day we’ll trust you to:
· Assist the team with on prem VMware migration to Azure AVS
· Assist the team with systems optimisation from AVS to native Azure
· Manage, monitor, secure and protect the company’s cloud infrastructure
· Design, implement, document and manage Security across cloud infrastructure to a high level
· Assist Infrastructure Engineers to triage and resolve 3rd line tickets related to cloud systems
· Monitor performance, design enhancements and improvements of cloud infrastructure
· Ensure best cost scenario management of cloud environment
· Ensure appropriate system alerts are configured and supported
· Ensure data integrity, storage and backups are maintained
· Organise and manage timely and efficient completion of own project work on target
· Liaise with third party suppliers for the costing of project delivery
· Follow ITIL principles for problem and change management
· Ensure that appropriate departmental systems, processes and methodologies are followed.
· Build effective relationships with clients within the company and external service providers.
· Work closely with line manager to develop cloud roadmap in line with business requirements
· Provide knowledge transfer to other team members on cloud environment
· Design, maintain and update in depth documentation of complete cloud environment
You’ll need to have:
Essential Requirements:· Azure Cloud Engineering experience 5+ years
· Azure VMware Solution experience (AVS)
· Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF)
· Intune configuration and management experience
· Office 365 management
· Powershell / CLI
What’s in it for you?
At Emerald, we value our people. Becoming a part of our team means you’ll join a trusting and flexible environment and we've been flexified so you can trust that we're a truly flexible workplace. You'll also have numerous opportunities to progress your career, as well as access to professional development and the opportunity to learn new skills.
You’ll receive a wide range of benefits, such as 30 days annual leave, remote flexible working, up to 20% performance bonus, 6% pension contribution and various benefits aimed at supporting your wellbeing and work-life balance.
Emerald Group is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. If you would like to request any accommodations/adjustments from application through to interview stages, please complete the relevant section within the application or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Emerald Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Emerald Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Emerald Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
Bingley, Edinburgh & Horsham + various non UK
What employees are saying
I like the confidence and autonomy I have to deliver my work regardless of the hour I work. This makes it much easier for people who work with time zones and assist clients in several countries.
Emerald Group Employee