Life at Elvie; Meaningful work, Exceptional People
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
Did you know?
In some regions our amazing products are considered to be medical devices. This means we maintain our Medical Device quality management system in compliance with ISO 13485:2016, to support the development of our groundbreaking products.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
As an innovation Digital Product Designer, your role sits in the Scoping & Partnership team, within Product.
We build great products that are both physical and digital. Day to day, you’ll be designing and developing products, working end to end, from research and concept to delivery. We put the user at the centre of our design process: you’ll be working closely with product managers, user and tech researchers, other designers and software engineers to make sure we design product experiences worthy of the Elvie brand.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our London or Bristol office & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing at Elvie:
- Reporting to the Scoping & Partnership Director, you will be working as part of a multidisciplinary team bringing the future pipeline and innovation initiatives at Elvie
- You will be responsible for creating and designing new product experiences to life, either by curating high fidelity concepts and then transferring them to the in-house product delivery team, releasing them to live production or collaborating with partners to release
- Analyse customer behaviours, identify opportunities to solve problems, and create cohesive, best-in-class experiences for our customers
- Create frameworks, conceptual diagrams, user flows, wireframes, detailed visual mockups, and prototypes to communicate high-level design concepts to different stakeholders
- Collaborating with product design and software team to ensure the solution can meet the user needs and business objectives.
- Excel in communication skills and have the ability to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions and influence key stakeholders Work with the wider Elvie design team (digital and industrial design) to build out the Elvie design identity for new categories and expansion opportunities across digital products and web
What we are looking for:
- You will ideally have at least 4 years of commercial experience as a product designer, working on products and/or services
- You understand users and love crafting engaging experiences
- Your portfolio demonstrates you are able to work from research, conceptualisation, design to delivery
- You enjoy problem-solving and possess the ability to translate business problems into creative and compelling experiences at both the feature and service levels
- You understand user-centred design and know how to demonstrate its value
- You understand how to tailor designs for different audiences using colour, typography and layout whilst maintaining brand consistency
- The idea of working within a high growth startup, in a fast-paced sometimes ambiguous space is a role that excites you
Other skills and experience you might have:
- Experience of Figma / Sketch
- Experience of Adobe Creative Suite (esp. Photoshop/Illustrator)
- Experience of design sprints and/or working in Agile environment
- Experience of Design systems
- A degree in a creative, design focused discipline is a plus
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Currently trialling a 9 day fortnight for all employees until March 2023
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity & adoption (16 weeks at full pay, then 8 weeks paid at 75% followed by 15 weeks at SMP rate.), paternity/partner (6 weeks at full pay to take at any point during the first year of your child’s life), shared parental leave
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of senior our leadership team
Belonging at Elvie
At Elvie, we believe having diverse teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from all backgrounds to apply and we don't discriminate based on race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, marital status, disability or age.
If you need any support with your application, please get in contact with us: email@example.com or 0203 884 7223.
We asked employees of Elvie how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Elvie
Gender diversity (male:female)
Bristol, London, US Remote