We are making travel effortless. Join us.
Whether it’s to visit the people closest to us, starting an exciting adventure, or a career-defining business trip, travel is an essential part of our lives. Yet we've all experienced the aches and pains of getting to our destination. Today, more than 4 billion airline passengers rely on technology that hasn't kept up with the expectations of the modern connected traveller.
That’s why we’ve started to rebuild the infrastructure that underpins the travel industry. We’re on a mission to unravel travel — simplifying systems and building the tools that will make the future of travel effortless.
We were part of Y Combinator S18's cohort and we are backed by Benchmark, Blossom, Index Ventures and Kima Ventures. A fantastic set of investors that has helped build some of the world's largest companies.
Something to consider when reading this job advert
We know people engage with job adverts differently. Some will view it as a checklist that needs to be at 100% before applying; others will see 60% as good enough. If you think you have what it takes but don't necessarily meet all the requirements on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat, learn more about you and see if it could be a great fit.
Partnerships at Duffel
Partnerships at Duffel are the brand ambassadors to our supply partners. We're responsible for establishing and building relationships globally to deliver new commercial & distribution partnerships. We do this through business development, account management and strategic partnerships.
As a team, our primary objective is to offer a diverse selection of high-quality travel content on our API, which will enable our merchants to improve their distribution and create better merchandising experiences.
Our focus is on establishing strong relationships with airlines and gaining a deep understanding of their needs. We collaborate with our engineering and product teams to develop solutions that bring maximum value to both airlines and merchants on our platform. Additionally, we work closely with our internal stakeholders to support their projects and enable them to be successful in their roles.
What we're looking for in you
- Experience with account management in the travel industry or transferrable skills that can be used to build and grow relationships with airlines.
- Excellent stakeholder management experience and the ability to get to the heart of client problems and needs.
- Someone who's tech-savvy and can translate technical requirements between the airlines and Duffel. Communication skills are vital to be successful in this role.
- We are looking for a proactive team player who can identify opportunities during conversations with partners or based on industry happenings, and take the initiative to implement them with relevant stakeholders.
- A creative, yet structured problem solver who can strategise, prioritise and execute tasks efficiently. Ability to work autonomously knowing when to escalate if needed with a robust system for communicating internally.
- Commercial expertise/understanding in contract negotiations and travel distribution agreements is beneficial.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience managing an Airline partnership. Ideal if you have both Airline and Hotel partnership management experience.
What you'll be doing
- The health of existing Inventory partner relationships and any new inventory partner relationships
- Managing communications with partners, including responding to queries and reaching out when support is needed
- Ensure successful airline integrations/activations by managing the commercial relationship and enabling internal stakeholders from Product, Engineering, Travel Ops, Sales and Marketing
- Support internal stakeholders in all questions related to supply partners including supporting and/or faciliating internal initiatives to grow usage of content across supply partners
- Keeping abreast of the industry happenings, especially those related to distribution
- Educating both internally and externally on the value exchanged between Duffel and inventory partners
What you can expect from us
We’re dedicated to your personal growth. Our environment is comfortable physically, but also in that our ears are always open to any ideas, concerns and questions. We believe that everyone should have pride in their work, taking full ownership of it and its impact. That’s why everyone who joins Duffel owns a share of the company.
We are an equal opportunities employer. We believe that the key to our success is employing a diverse team, that’s why recruitment decisions are only based on your experience and skills. We value your ability to problem solve and build amazing things so we welcome applications for everyone – regardless of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
Note to recruitment agencies
Duffel does not accept speculative CV's from external parties. Any unsolicited CV's sent to us will be treated as property of Duffel, and any attached terms and conditions associated with these CV's will be null and void.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Duffel provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Duffel is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Duffel
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)