Distinction is an exciting, ambitious digital product studio. We create high-quality, often business-critical, digital products for disruptive brands throughout the UK, Europe, and North America.
Our team is experienced and award-winning, and our culture is one of comradery and teamwork. We believe good things happen when our people are given creative freedom to do their best work.
We’ve got big plans, and we’re looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey.
About the role
This is a 9-month maternity cover role starting January 2024. It may be extended to 12-months during employment.
The role requires managing and enhancing relationships with our existing clients. As an account manager, your role is pivotal in ensuring client satisfaction and account growth, and contributing significantly to the success of both our clients and Distinction.
- Directly manage around 10 accounts, understanding their goals, fostering relationships, and identifying growth opportunities
- Coordinate with the delivery team to ensure successful delivery of work aligned with client objectives
- Generate demand for our services by collaborating with colleagues to identify and close opportunities
- Regular reporting both internally and externally
- Account management experience in a B2B environment
- Experience managing multiple accounts concurrently
- Experience managing stakeholders of all levels, including budget holders (over £100k pa) and senior leaders
- Knowledge gained from experience in a digital and/or technology company would be an advantage
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Great interpersonal skills, especially listening and empathy
- Exceptional attention to detail and pride in any work produced
- Strong commercial awareness
- Calm under pressure
- Good range of influencing and negotiation styles to deal with different challenges
- Creative, solution-oriented mindset with a proactive approach
- Independence in decision-making, coupled with effective collaboration skills
- Ability to think and act independently as well as collaboratively
- Open, honest and direct, is comfortable in giving and receiving constructive feedback
- A passion for the type of work we do at Distinction (please take a look at what we do)
- Shared beliefs in Distinction's core values and a passion for the type of work we do
- A desire to learn new skills
Why work for us?
Distinction is a busy, fun place to work, with ambitious plans to triple our size in the next two years.
In addition to a competitive salary (verified by an external salary benchmarking company), we believe in providing meaningful benefits including:
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working – as per our ‘works where’s best’ policy
- 33 days days annual leave (inc bank holidays) increasing annually (pro rata)
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced sick pay – covering both mental and physical health
- Enhanced life leave – covering the unexpected events in your life
- Enhanced parental leave – covering maternity and paternity leave
- Pregnancy loss and parental bereavement leave
- Compassionate leave
- Health and wellness programmes
- New, high spec IT equipment
- Personal budget for learning, books, tech hardware and software
- Lots of opportunities to attend national and international conferences
- Enjoy savings on bikes and technology
- Tea, coffee, drinks fridge and fruit deliveries
- A busy social calendar with regular in-person and virtual socials including Christmas and Summer parties (off-site)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
We’re committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and we encourage applicants from minority backgrounds or LGBTQ+ communities. We promise that you’ll receive equal consideration for employment without regard to your age, race, religion, gender, or disability.
We prefer to recruit directly where possible, but we do work with a few select recruitment agencies who we feel have a good understanding of our business and the type of people we’re looking for. For this reason, please don’t contact us – we’ll contact you.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Distinction provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Distinction is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Distinction
Gender diversity (male:female)
60% : 40%
UK: Nottingham + London. USA: Boston.