The founding Field Marketing Manager will play an integral role in the development of the North American go to market strategy. You are a hyper-organized self-starter who loves a fast-paced environment and thrives on results. In this role, you will help define deepset’s overall field marketing strategy and own top-of-funnel growth in local markets, pipeline generation, and customer expansion through a variety of segment-focused tactics. The ideal candidate is a creative problem solver and is comfortable testing new experiments in an ambiguous environment. You are a highly organized person with a passion for identifying unique opportunities for lead generation. You have collaborated with Sales leadership and key stakeholders and understand the importance of on the ground engagement.
We are an AI startup that empowers developers to build applications that use natural language as the interface to data. Our open-source framework Haystack is used by thousands of developers to build LLM applications. Our LLM platform, deepset Cloud, enables enterprises worldwide to unlock the potential of large language models for their business cases. Come join our team and work with tech experts on real-world cases, in a fast-paced and high-impact environment, and shape the AI space together with us.
Life at deepset
At deepset you will find an environment with equal opportunities to grow, share ideas, build relationships, and succeed. We believe every employee is important and generates a direct impact on our team’s success.
We are certified by Flexa® Careers as a flexible employer, and our remote first culture is designed to provide work-life balance, autonomy, and flexibility.
Our daily meetings, the quarterly in person "re:base", and the social events allow us to work with great synergy. We would like to invite you to visit our life page to learn more about our culture.
- Oversee end-to-end planning, production, and execution of in-territory events - in-person, virtual and hybrid from inception to completion, across multiple sales regions.
- Drive qualified leads and generate opportunities for Sales & Channel teams
- Responsibilities include but are not limited to: defining field marketing strategies & processes, qualifying new events and conferences, vendor management, budget management, onsite strategy, and managing on the ground Field opportunity and measuring ROI
- Produce targeted customer events and unique opportunities for lead generation
- Stay on top of industry trends and be a catalyst for continuous innovation and improvement
- 5+ years of experience in marketing, specifically event management and development
- Oversee end-to-end planning, production, and execution of in-territory events
- Experience with Salesforce and Marketo (or similar)
- Ability to make data-driven decisions
- High attention to detail and adept project manager
- Articulate and thoughtful communicator, both written and verbal
- Resourceful and solution-oriented mentality to think fast
- Experience with high-growth technology companies is a plus
- Ability to travel
- Remote-first: You can choose to work from home or any other workspace that suits you. We offer a home office budget for equipment and furniture, and we would be happy to sponsor a coworking spot.
- Grow: Personal and professional growth are important to us. We have an annual learning and development budget, and also the opportunity to speak at conferences, internal knowledge sharing, and workshops.
- Connect: We have a virtual office, a monthly social budget to reconnect virtually or in person, online walks and talks with colleagues from other teams, and a flexible travel policy that enables you to meet colleagues in person for special occasions.
- Re:base: We meet in person on a quarterly basis, because we believe it’s important to get to know each other. We have fruitful discussions, we hold workshops, we brainstorm together, and we have leisure activities and fun.
- You are an owner: All employees are enrolled in the employee stock option plan and own a part of the company.
- Personal time off: If you want to recharge and travel the world - there are 27 days of paid vacation and you earn an additional day for each year completed with deepset (up to 30 days).
- Choose your tech: Linux, Windows, or macOS? The choice is yours and we will provide what you need.
- Pension fund and Health Insurance fitting with your main working location: All full-time employees are eligible for the pension plan. We also offer health, dental, and vision for employees in the US, in compliance with the local market.
- Travel Insurance: We want you to be secure during your travels. Therefore, we offer every employee additional travel insurance.
- Sports budget: To boost your health and well-being, we offer a monthly allowance for your sports activity.
- Dog-friendly: Our main co-working partner Mindspace welcomes dogs, so you can also bring your best friend to the office.
- Enhanced days off for Family Sick Leave: We offer additional days in case your child gets sick.
- Additional days off: We don't work on the 24th & the 31st of December.
- Flexible working hours: You can adapt your work to your private life.
What colleagues say
- "it always struck me how helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable everyone is — and how well they work as a team. deepset gets remote work right: encouraging employees to get together frequently for virtual coffee chats and in-person meetings to create an atmosphere of constant exchange and sincere support. And, of course, I love the mix of open source and business products; and the awesome products that come out of it: Haystack and deepset Cloud." (Isabelle, Technical Content Writer)
- "deepset has very talented and passionate individuals working towards building world-class products. Ever since my first interview, it's been clear to me that this is a caring, positive, and highly intelligent work environment where people are eager to learn and contribute to each other's success. Celebrating the success of your peers is an inherent quality of deepset and something I will continue to treasure." (Parixit, Senior Demand Generation Manager)
We asked employees of deepset how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at deepset
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
We have "hubs" (i.e. place where more than one person lives) in Berlin, Krakow, Hamburg and Munich.