1–2 days per week at home
The right candidate for this role will be self-motivated and outcome focused. You will be passionate about helping clients and team members. You should be able to demonstrate: -
- Clear communication skills and the ability to articulate basic and complex digital marketing principles to clients
- An ability to build relationships
- Initiative to identify challenges and use all available resources to achieve the best outcome for our clients
- The ability to work alone and as part of a team when required
- A focus on keeping projects moving, and working to reduce client-side delays
The following is a list of the main tasks this job role will handle, but is by no means an exhaustive list and may be varied from time to time: -
- SEO Cases - Handling the day-to-day management of SEO-related cases that come into the support team from clients e.g., Google Analytics report queries/requests etc
- MS (largely SEO) project progression and client communication e.g.
- Internal communication when other projects are related to the MS project e.g., website redesign projects
- Copywriting process – Sending content to client when it’s written, and chasing up if the client doesn’t respond within a set time period. Communicating any amends back to the Copywriting team and passing approved content to the Customer Service Executive for loading
- Report Management – Managing monthly reports, reviewing and sending to clients (90+ as of August 2022)
Applicants must have the following experience: -
- Confidence in talking to clients
- Excellent phone manner and be happy dealing with people on the phone
- Happy making outbound video and voice calls to clients who may need some TLC, or conducting face to face meetings
- Basic knowledge of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Basic knowledge of Paid Search (PPC) and Social Media
- Good keyboard and IT skills
- Excellent organisational, project and time-management skills
- Ability to multi-task and take ownership of your clients’ projects and requests
- Self-motivation and a desire to learn
Don’t meet every single requirement?
Studies have shown that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification. We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles. This view aligns with two of our values which are to be empowering to members of our team and to collaborate with them to ensure they can excel in their role.
Experience with/of the following is desirable: -
- Familiarity with Mac operating systems and MS Office, email and the Internet
- An understanding of the legal market and services provided by lawyers/solicitors
- Some kind of CRM system knowledge
- Previous project coordination or administration experience.
Salary & Benefits
- Dependent on experience but expected to be in the range of £19,500 - £22,000
- 25 days annual holiday + Celebration Day + Bank Holidays
- Contributory pension (3% from Conscious, 5% from you)
- Healthcare insurance, life insurance and critical illness protection (all after probation has been passed)
- Flexible working (we believe work is a thing you do not a place you go and Conscious is an accredited flexible employer)
- 2 days charity work per year
- Highly sociable company, partaking in fundraising events, social events. Christmas & summer parties (as you’d expect!)
- Awesome staff area
- Dog friendly office
- Free eye tests
- MVP recognition program with rewards
- Long Service rewards and recognition
- A staff referral scheme giving you the opportunity to earn up to £400 for recommending a friend.
- CycleToWork and Techscheme schemes in place
- Hybrid working with an office base in Royal London Buildings, 42-46 Baldwin Street, Bristol, BS1 1PN or another office in central Bristol should we ever move.