We’ve been keeping Britain warm for over 200 years. Today we power 1 in 3 homes in the UK – but supplying energy is just part of what we do.
We’re on a mission to make the UK’s homes greener and more energy efficient. With clever tech like Hive thermostats, heat pumps, solar panels and EV chargers, we’re making it cheaper and easier to reduce your home’s carbon-footprint. And with our new PeakSave programme, we’re actively rewarding better energy use too.
Our nationwide team of 6,500 engineers are energy efficiency experts – offering practical ways to make homes more sustainable.
To help us to get there we require a Propositions Delivery Manager.
The British Gas Service and Solutions Commercial team is on a journey to achieve ambitious Growth Plans which includes 7 strategic imperatives for the next 1 to 3 years. Our objective as a team is to relaunch British Gas as the place to go, to keep Customers’ homes safe, warm & working; quickly, simply & affordably.
The plan to achieve this includes the development of our On Demand business, launching of new Home Installation products and propositions, and increasing our service offering to customers’ to improve our declining Protection customer numbers.
To do this successfully, we require an individual who will be a key member of the Commercial leadership team, responsible for moving multiple growth ideas into a set of projects and initiatives which will contribute to achieving these strategic ambitions. This person will help the Commercial LT further develop the ideas, prioritise the most valuable for initiation and planning and lead the delivery of these projects. There will be monthly travel required with this role.
Design & Definition:
- Use skills in strategic level problem solving in complex environments to best prioritise the commercial initiatives based on sound understanding of the business
- Collect and analyse data to measure the effectiveness of existing business processes to develop sustainable, repeatable and quantifiable business process improvements
- Determine how new technologies can support re-engineering of business processes and ways of working to improve the effectiveness of our commercial offerings
- Identify cross functional improvements, define problem statements and build clear business cases
- Work closely with the other BGS+S teams to understand how future products and propositions can be best launched and fulfilled
Planning & Business Case:
- Develops key measures of success, agrees targets, and supports the delivery of these measures
- Work with finance, HR, DTS and the business to build business cases to support the investment needed to deliver the change. Create and support delivery of benefit tracking models for post implementation analysis.
- Responsible for chairing project steering groups to ensure projects deliver to budget, on time, to the required quality, and all risks are well managed and mitigated.
- Develop requirements for any technological change that supports operating model development.
- Consolidate, prioritise and monitor progress of the various initiatives and ensuring the overall plan achieves our strategic goals
- Ensure interdependencies in and between each initiative are clearly identified and managed
- There is a robust handover process from design to deployment which includes working with deployment team to ensure successful implementation
- Lead transformation workstream and initiatives through the design, build and test phases
Engage across the business/3rd Pty stakeholders to ensure business needs are captured, understood and executed
The Person Requirements:
- To be successful in this role you must be detailed oriented and prepared to build a comprehensive understanding of our existing Commercial Portfolio and Pricing models
- You are highly independent, self-motivated, and prepared to be hands on to ‘get the job done’
- You are results oriented, flexible, and able to adapt in a fast-paced, changing environment.
Proven experience leading change initiatives and delivering tangible business value
In return we will offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus potential
- Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap
- Pension scheme
- Company Funded Healthcare Plan
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car lease scheme & travel insurance
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull