Centrica are going through an exciting period of change. We’re evolving to become a truly purpose-led organisation, helping millions of customers to live more sustainably, simply, and affordably. We truly believe that we have a huge role to play in helping the nation to cut carbon emissions and prepare for a net zero future, and it’s a role we are immensely proud of.
An opportunity to play your part – As the successful candidate for Procurement Business Partnering you will collaborate closely with the Head of Category teams and other leaders within the supported business units and functions. You will engage with business partners from various functions to ensure the achievement of strategic goals in the short, medium, and long term.
This role demands exceptional interpersonal skills, a strong commercial mindset, and a deep understanding of the business to enhance agility and responsiveness to critical priorities. Where applicable, you will formulate, implement, and oversee the strategy for the respective business unit or function in coordination with business leaders. The PMBP will define the procurement strategy that aligns with the business or functional strategy, ensuring that procurement resources and business requirements are executed in harmony with this strategy.
The day to day
- Support the creation of deep partnerships and maintaining strong relationships with selected senior managers of the supported business / function
- Facilitate alignment with other business partners to gain a clear understanding of short-, medium- and long-term priorities of the supported business
- Act as a strategic advisor to the business to ensure that the Procurement Function is focussing effort on key objectives supporting business strategy
- Improve the impact and understanding of procurement activities on business performance
- Facilitate interactions between the various Procurement teams and the business
- Ensure that business priorities are fed back within procurement communities
- Bring new ideas to the business to allow cost reduction, capture innovation, reduce risk or ensure compliance
- Challenge business needs to ensure requirements are appropriately specified and sourced from the appropriate supplier
- Demonstrate exceptional relationship-building skills and the ability to engage effectively while respectfully questioning and collaborating with C-suite leaders.
- Showcase strong leadership abilities and the capability to inspire and oversee a team to attain mutually agreed-upon objectives.
- Display a thorough understanding of the end-to-end Source to Pay process, enabling informed decisions on when and how to involve other procurement teams and functions.
- Cultivate a robust network and cultivate productive relationships across all facets of the organization, working alongside colleagues to create solutions that benefit both individuals and the organization as a whole.
- Prove a track record of achieving committed targets while engaging with senior stakeholders.
- Excel in managing and leading within a matrix structure, ensuring clear accountability with local leaders and global categories.
- Set the example and provide motivation to the procurement team.
- Exhibit the ability to effectively prioritize, manage complexity, and provide transparent leadership.
- Contribute to the promotion of a unified Procurement and Centrica culture.
- Possess extensive experience in engaging with senior stakeholders.
- Prioritize customer satisfaction and actively drive enhancements in Customer Satisfaction (Csat) and Net Promoter Score (NPS).
- Demonstrate a strong capacity to influence individuals at all levels of the organization and establish trust within large organizations.
- Bring experience in questioning decisions and assumptions to ensure the prioritization and attainment of long-term goals.
- Establish a proven history of delivering enduring value within a procurement environment.
- Implement a methodical approach to delivery, making effective use of methodologies like Six Sigma, Lean, and Scrum.
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary and bonus potential.
- Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap.
- Pension scheme.
- Company Funded Healthcare Plan.
- 25 days holiday allowance, plus public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days.
- Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers, electric car lease scheme & travel insurance.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull