Operations Coordinator – Local Heroes
Services & Solutions - Dublin
Reporting to: Local Heroes Operations Lead
Bord Gáis Energy is one of Ireland’s leading energy and service companies. We supply gas, electricity, and energy services to over 700,000 homes and businesses across the country, offering excellent customer service as well as the best value possible. Bord Gáis Energy is uniquely positioned to drive positive change and we have an opportunity, as well as a responsibility, to reshape our future. While there are challenges ahead, we are committed to supporting our consumers and colleagues, to rethinking power generation, and to supporting an affordable and fair transition for all.
Local Heroes is an innovative platform, connecting customers with local tradespeople for a range of jobs, from EV Charger Installations to Gas Boiler Installs. We’re a start-up launched in the Irish market by Bord Gaís Energy in 2019. We operate in an exciting environment that is ever-changing, ensuring we keep up with the modern Irish household.
Local Heroes has maintained a steady growth since our launch in 2019. We transitioned from a concept in 2017, to a pilot in 2019, and now to a market leader in 2021. We work in an ever-changing environment that will see your daily routine touch various areas. The successful candidate will interact with both traders and customers daily.
The Operations Coordinator will play a critical role within the Local Heroes team, providing first line support to customers and Heroes. The successful candidate will also share responsibility for identifying and reporting on key indicators of sales performance and market opportunity, using those findings to help shape strategic agenda and present recommendations to leadership. Projects will include business planning, market segmentation, pipeline analysis, coverage optimization, and ongoing performance measurement.
The successful candidate will possess a passion for developing relationships, the wherewithal to develop findings and recommendations that transcend the numbers as well as the energy to contribute to projects impacting and transforming the business. Ideally, this person will have experience in a sales strategy & customer operations environment, or in a comparable environment that requires business acumen combined with analytical and problem-solving skills and will feel comfortable interacting with senior management on a regular basis.
- Provide first line support via phone and email to customers to manage issues, complaints, and queries, arbitrating with Heroes and ensuring a resolution is agreed
- Provide first line support via phone and email to Heroes to manage issues, complaints, and queries, arbitrating with customers and ensuring a resolution is agreed
- Build and manage relationships with key traders on the platform to ensure future growth and scalability
- Operate to the Local Heroes introducer model standard and provide constant check and challenge to ensure that the traders recruited are delivering the right brand standards and quality of service
- Champion the boiler/EV installation process and ensure a smooth journey for both Heroes and customers through effective communication and organized planning
- Support our business units with ongoing analysis and recommendations
- Engage with Local Heroes suppliers to ensure deliver deadlines are met and orders are fulfilled
- Contribute to the ongoing achievement of key metrics
- Technically competent with an understanding of the services we provide
- Experience of working with contractors or in a services or contractor business
- Ability to make decisions based on MI analysis, balancing customer, business, and stakeholder needs
- Socially confident and comfortable representing the brand over the phone or in person
- Understanding of our target customers and the external marketplace
- Responsible for addressing customer/Hero issues and working with customers and Heroes to ensure a satisfactory resolution is agreed
- Responsible for the end-to-end recruitment of traders onto the platform
- Responsible for the boiler installation process
- Support demand generation and the growth of the Local Heroes business within Ireland
- Ensuring issues and complaints are resolved in a timely manner
- Ensuring customers and Heroes calls and emails are answered and responded to as required
- Ensuring there is enough Heroes on the platform to meet consumer demand
- Conversion rates through the Local Heroes platform
- Contribute to the ongoing achievement of key metrics
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Third level qualification or appropriate experience
- 2+ years of experience working in Customer Service/Operations, Sales Operations, or a similar analytical role
- At least 1 year of Salesforce experience preferred
- Team oriented individual who will provide ground support for our sales and operations team
- Aptitude for identifying gaps and implementing solutions
- Demonstrate ability to utilize technology for building solutions
- Ability to pay attention to detail while handling multiple, simultaneous projects under deadline pressure
- Demonstrate experience in playing an important role in project(s)
- Positive attitude with the ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Self-motivated and able to drive results independently
- Experience working with contractors or third parties
- Demonstrate experience of using data (Business Intelligence) to make informed decisions and influence others
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, and a host of other benefits, including volunteering days with our charity partner, Focus Ireland. You’ll also enjoy our friendly and collaborative culture, flexible ways of working, and you’ll be making a key contribution to Bord Gáis Energy’s commitment to environmental sustainability.
Bord Gáis Energy are committed to placing equality, diversity, care and respect at the heart of our policies and everyday practices. We encourage everyone to take part in our active employee networks, including the Women's network, REACH (Race, Ethnicity, & Cultural Heritage) network, Neurodiversity network, and BRÓD, our LGBTQ+ network. We're proud of the work our networks and allies do to help us promote a culture of inclusion, empowering our colleagues to be themselves and do their best work. Our vision is to employ a diverse mix of people who reflect the societies we work in and the customers we serve, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives.
Our Flexible First working model empowers our people to find a better balance between home and office working. You can enjoy the convenience of working from home combined with time spent onsite in a way that works for you, our customers, and our business. Our office is used as a place to connect and collaborate with colleagues, rather than your default place of work each day.
Here in Bord Gáis Energy we’re helping to create a more sustainable and inclusive future that supports our communities, our planet – and each other. The prevention of family homelessness in Ireland is an area where we believe we can make a real difference and through our partnership with Focus Ireland, we have been working on making this a reality since 2015. We encourage all colleagues to get involved in the partnership, with everyone receiving 2 days' volunteering leave to participate in initiatives or events supporting Focus Ireland.
care | delivery | collaboration | agility | courage
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 4th of December 2023.
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull