Net Zero Portfolio Manager
Services & Solutions - Dublin
Reporting to: Head of Consumer and Business Services
Bord Gáis Energy is one of Ireland’s leading energy and service companies. We supply gas, electricity, and energy services to over 700,000 homes and businesses across the country, offering excellent customer service as well as the best value possible. Bord Gáis Energy is uniquely positioned to drive positive change and we have an opportunity, as well as a responsibility, to reshape our future. While there are challenges ahead, we are committed to supporting our consumers and colleagues, to rethinking power generation, and to supporting an affordable and fair transition for all.
The individual will be responsible for the delivery of the strategy and ongoing commercial management of BGE’s activities in net zero solutions for both B2C and B2B sectors. The role includes EV Chargers, delivery of demand side response solution and will take ownership of Hive, as it becomes the key platform for net zero offerings to consumers. The person will manage relationships with the Centrica Net Zero team in the UK, monitoring and assessing which technologies and offerings are best suited for BGE and working with the Services product owners to deliver them into the core business.
About the Role
- Develop and execute annual new business plans for net zero services
- Work with the sales channel manager to grow net zero service job numbers and revenue
- Develop the B2B Services net zero strategy, helping businesses transition to net zero
- Manage and lead interactions with net zero fulfilment partner(s) including service levels
- Manage business opportunities and develop multi-site opportunities
- Manage development and completion of required tenders
- Leverage products, services, and insights from within the Centrica Group
- Manage opportunities with key stakeholders and partners regarding net zero
- Work closely with the services product owners to ensure successful delivery of new products
- Support the Services Segment manager as required to deliver the Services performance targets including P&L, budget, sales, gross margin, and overall profitability for the area
- Continually assess ongoing market developments, including BGE’s positioning & performance versus other competitors in Ireland
- Other duties that may be assigned
- Minimum 3 years commercial/programme management background or similar
- Degree in relevant business discipline
- Demonstrates initiative, self-motivating with strong organisational skills and track record of delivering results
- Proven track record of working in high-performing teams and engaging multiple stakeholders – with an ability to get things done
- Flexibility to work in a changing environment and adapt as the business opportunity matures
- Strong commercial background, with a keen focus on end-to-end project execution
- A keen interest in innovation and strategy development & implementation
- Collaborative team player prepared to work with key Bord Gáis Energy, Centrica and external stakeholders
- Track record of delivering projects and quality presentations/reports for senior management
- Attention to detail, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Can demonstrate responsibility and delivery of a commercial product/service
- Commercial sales/partner sales and negotiation experience preferable but not essential
- Ability to build strong working relationships with partners
- Strong written communication skills, using Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- Knowledge and interest in Net Zero products would be a plus
In return, you’ll receive a competitive salary, generous annual leave allowance, and a host of other benefits, including volunteering days with our charity partner, Focus Ireland. You’ll also enjoy our friendly and collaborative culture, flexible ways of working, and you’ll be making a key contribution to Bord Gáis Energy’s commitment to environmental sustainability.
Our Flexible First working model empowers our people to find a better balance between home and office working. You can enjoy the convenience of working from home combined with time spent onsite in a way that works for you, our customers, and our business. Our office is used as a place to connect and collaborate with colleagues, rather than your default place of work each day.
Bord Gáis Energy are committed to placing equality, diversity, care and respect at the heart of our policies and everyday practices. We encourage everyone to take part in our active employee networks, including the Women's network, REACH (Race, Ethnicity, & Cultural Heritage) network, Neurodiversity network, and BRÓD, our LGBTQ+ network. We're proud of the work our networks and allies do to help us promote a culture of inclusion, empowering our colleagues to be themselves and do their best work. Our vision is to employ a diverse mix of people who reflect the societies we work in and the customers we serve, so we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds and perspectives.
care | delivery | collaboration | agility | courage
The closing date for receipt of applications for this vacancy is 28th of November 2023
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull