We’ve been in Britain’s homes for over 200 years. But at British Gas, we’ve never been more excited about the future.
Right now, we’re at a pivotal moment. As well as leading our customers through a once-in-a-generation cost of living crisis, we’ve got big plans to get our homes closer to Net Zero. That’s why we need a brilliant Customer Engagement Lead to help us get to where we’re going.
You’ll bring bags of energy, know-how and passion to our family of door-opening brands, including British Gas and Hive. And you’ll join a team who are just as focused delivering on fantastic results as you are.
Your role will be key to how we not only drive growth and retain our existing customers, but also how we make our customers love us. You’ll be strategic, smart, and creative and lead a team with a beautifully clear remit.
- Manage the delivery of customer engagement campaigns across British Gas Services’ key commercial portfolios: Protection, Installs and Net Zero.
- Use insight and analysis to design and execute omnichannel strategies to drive growth against commercial targets
- Own and manage the campaign roadmap, working with all relevant stakeholders to schedule activity in line with commercial and customer needs
- Develop and execute plans to support customer retention targets by, for example, targeting at-risk customers ahead of renewal or customers or winning back those who have recently left British Gas
- Manage performance across all engagement channels to directly and positively impact commercial performance
- Embed a high-performance culture within the team where data and insight driven decision-making is the norm and teams regularly connect with customers
- Build brilliant relationships with counterparts in British Gas Energy to manage campaign contention and consistency of messaging, ensuring we show up as one brand for customers
- Take responsibility for the continuous improvement of campaigns, evolving creative and messaging in-line with wider positioning and brand evolution and using best practice disciplines like behavioural science and personalisation to drive incremental performance.
As an experienced candidate, you’ll have a track record of:
- Leading a team and nurturing talent
- Driving forward new business initiatives and operating within complex environments
- Focusing on commercial and customer outcomes over outputs
- Managing senior commercial stakeholders and prioritising workstreams
- Holding stakeholders and agency partners to account, ensuring all marketing communications ladder up to our brand purpose and goals
- Leading the development and creation of distinctive and highly effective CRM campaigns
- Increasing core sales & marketing KPI’s including customer numbers, awareness and consideration
- Significant budget management and accountability
- Managing multi-channel, best-in-class campaigns with extensive expertise across all channels
- Always putting the customer first and obsessing over the customer experience
We are proud to be recognised as a disability-confident employer. Our customers come from a variety of different backgrounds, and so do we. We hire great people from all walks of life, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. We will continue championing inclusivity while investing in our local communities to create a better, more sustainable world for everyone.
We are incredibly proud to have been recognised by The Times for being one of the Top 50 Employers for Women.
Our people are the beating heart of our business. We are incredibly proud of our commitment to being FlexFirst. From childcare to furry friends, we listened to our people and understood that they work best when they are comfortable and have a flexible working model that suits their individual needs. We embrace the opportunity to give our colleagues a choice to work from anywhere whilst still ensuring they can connect and engage with their teams through office days, employee networks and virtual events.
In addition, after listening to what matters most to them, we have tailored our well-being & benefits package around our employees.
💰 Competitive salary and bonus potential
💡 Employee Energy Allowance at 15% of the government price cap
👵 Pension scheme
🚗 Electric car lease scheme
⛱ 33 days holiday allowance, inclusive of public holidays, and the option to buy up to 5 additional days
🏋️♀️Excellent range of flexible benefits, including technology vouchers & travel insurance
🌲 We are committed to creating a cleaner and greener future. And we’re making big changes to help us get there. That means cutting customers' emissions and our own to reach net zero. And because our people are the beating heart of our business, we will continue to champion inclusivity, develop future skills and invest in our local communities to create a better world for everyone. As part of our reforestation project with WeForest, for every new employee that joins our family, we plant trees in underprivileged areas in Tanzania to offer farming and wildlife economy opportunities for locals.
At Centrica we embrace diversity and actively seek to attract individuals with unique backgrounds and perspectives. To build a more sustainable future, we need the best team – a team with a diverse mix of people and skills, where everyone feels welcome and able to succeed. We are dedicated in helping to close the diversity gap and would love to see more females, people of colour and LGBTQ+ employees, as well as those from a variety of cultures and ethnicity to veterans and the differently abled. Supporting diversity and inclusion is a big part of who we are, we are not looking for people to fit into our culture but to add to it!
PLEASE APPLY ONLINE by hitting the 'Apply' button.
Applications will ONLY be accepted via the ‘Apply’ button.
This role is being handled by the Centrica recruitment team and NO agency contact is required.
We asked employees of Centrica how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Additional employee ratings
(these do not contribute to the FlexScore®)
Working at Centrica
Gender diversity (male:female)
Windsor, London, Cardiff, Leicester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, Dublin, Stockport, Staines, Hampton, Aberdeen, Barrow, Hull