carwow is looking for a Senior Strategy Associate to join our global Strategy team.
We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users, an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.6 and have collected over 3 billion YouTube views.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors including Vitruvian, Balderton, Accel, Episode 1, Daimler, and Volvo, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 320 carwowers from >20 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the team
Reporting to the COO, the Strategy Team’s mission is to lead the development, communication and implementation of winning strategies that drive carwow’s long-term, sustainable & profitable growth.
Led by the Head of Strategy (ex-BCG), the team’s role expands across four key areas:
Working in the Strategy Team at carwow means being at the forefront of the automotive industry's shift online. You'll have the opportunity to directly influence the direction of a fast-growing tech company, and help establish carwow as the number one destination for changing your car.
About the role
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Strategy Associate to join our dynamic Strategy Team as a versatile generalist. As a member of the team, you will report directly to the Head of Strategy and tackle a range of exciting challenges, from shaping long-term growth strategies to addressing pressing operational issues.
Your core responsibilities will include owning strategy development and business partnering initiatives, conducting thorough proposition and opportunity due diligence, and spearheading ESG/Sustainability strategy development and implementation.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop a broad and diverse set of skills, ranging from research and insight to effective communication and stakeholder management. These skills will not only help you excel in your current role but also accelerate your professional growth and development.
- Strategy business partnering
- Provide strategic support to various areas of the business (e.g. OEM & Media, Marketing, Product, Commercial, DE Market, etc.) as the project owner or as a partner and advisor to business partners
- Conduct thorough analysis to support recommendations, using a structured, hypothesis-driven approach
- Strategic proposition due diligence and recommendations
- Identify and evaluate opportunities for new products, propositions, and business models
- Conduct discovery work, including assessing the attractiveness, feasibility, and viability of the opportunity/proposition in partnership with Product, Commercial, and Marketing teams
- Provide recommendations on whether, when, and how to pursue the opportunity, supported by data and communicated with a clear story
- Developing carwow's Sustainability / ESG Strategy
- Develop a comprehensive Sustainability/ESG strategy that aligns with carwow's values and mission of steering carwow towards becoming a B Corp and achieving its sustainability goals
- Develop a strategy to accelerate the EV transition and drive the automotive industry forward, staying ahead of industry trends and regulations.
To excel in this role, you'll need to embody carwow's values and leverage your strengths in four key areas:
Additionally, the role requires fluent English, both written and verbal (native not required)
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Proficiency in German and/or Spanish languages
- Experience in strategy consulting or related fields
- Intermediate proficiency with SQL and Tableau
- Experience with ESG Strategy, Sustainability and / or becoming a B Corp
- Familiarity with OKRs and their implementation
- Background in tech scale-ups, online marketplaces, or the automotive industry
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021