We’re Carwow. The car-changing experts for life-changing moments. Whether buying, selling, or (car) window shopping, we aim to give people total confidence in their choice.
We kicked off our journey as the ultimate matchmaker for car reviews, helping everyone pick their perfect ride. But we soon realised this wasn’t the destination - it was just the first leg. Why stop there when we could also help them get a great price?
So we decided we wanted to revolutionise selling cars, just like we did with buying them. That's when we introduced our game-changing 'sell my car' product.
Today, our dedicated team of over 350 experts across the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal look after over 12 million active users (and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating).
And we’ve got plenty left in the tank.
So, what does Carwow look like under the hood?
We’re always driving forward, and our people love what they do and love working together. Our goal is to empower our employees to discover their passions, create common ground, and take control of their careers with confidence.
We regularly fine-tune our hiring process to ensure fairness and all Carwowers receive comprehensive DE&I training. Our Diversity Committees, led by our fantastic employees, fuel internal education, help out our local communities, and champion initiatives for our customers.
We’re also Flexa100 nominated and aim to be the go-to place for changing cars. We’re proud to say we’ve got an impressive employee average engagement score of 8.5/10!
Bonding as a team is important to us - whether we're rocking the Carwow Olympics worldwide, playing drag bingo for Pride Month, taking part in beach clean-ups or rallying on the Padel court, there’s always something to bring us together.
Fancy a life-changing career from the car-changing pros? We’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the team
The Design team’s Mission is to make changing cars a seamless, thrilling, and surprising experience.
Our Design Principles are:
- Bold. Surpass the ordinary with exceptional design. By pushing boundaries, we set standards and inspire greatness.
- Simple. Create clarity through design. Distill a solution down to its essence.
- Human. Deeply understand our users' needs and craft experiences that fulfil them.
- Refined. Craft work you’re proud of and obsess over the detail.
About the role
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll play a crucial role in crafting exceptional end-to-end experiences for our audiences. You will be part of a growing Design Team and work day-to-day as part of one of our product squads. Your mission will be to craft seamless and engaging end-to-end experiences, contribute innovative design solutions, and inform the design vision, ensuring alignment with our overarching product strategy.
What you’ll be doing
- End-to-End User Experience: Identify opportunities to improve our automotive tech products and services.
- Advanced Design Delivery: Deliver high-quality experience design, inspire the team, and accelerate project momentum.
- Storytelling & Innovation: Master storytelling and advocate for innovative ideas and practices. Communicate within the Product Tribe to lead and deliver compelling products.
- Strategic Thinking: Engage in strategic problem-solving, identifying key user needs and crafting design solutions that address these effectively.
- Autonomy and Initiative: Manage individual projects with a high degree of autonomy, while aligning your work with the broader product vision and team goals.
What you’ll need
- Experience: Proven experience in UX/Product Design, demonstrating the ability to deliver intuitive and visually compelling user interfaces.
- Design Tools Mastery: High proficiency in tools such as Sketch, Adobe XD, Figma, or similar, with a deep understanding of how to utilize these tools in complex design challenges.
- Communication and Leadership: Strong communication skills, with the ability to lead design discussions and articulate complex concepts clearly.
- Problem-Solving and Creativity: A track record of strategic problem-solving, applying creative solutions to drive product success.
- Collaborative Spirit: A history of productive collaboration in cross-functional teams, contributing to a positive and dynamic work environment.
- Feedback and Continuous Improvement: Skilled at integrating feedback constructively and committed to continuous learning and improvement in design practices.
What's in it for you
- Hybrid working that works around you (currently two days in the office, three from home)
- Competitive salary to fund that dream holiday to Bali
- Share options - when we thrive, so do you!
- Vitality Private Healthcare, for peace of mind
- Monthly coaching sessions with Spill - our mental wellbeing partner
- Enhanced holiday package, plus bank holidays
- 28 days annual leave
- 1 day for your wedding
- 1 day off when you move house - because moving’s hard enough without work!
- On your third year anniversary, you get 30 days of annual leave per year
- On your tenth year anniversary, you get 35 days of annual leave per year
- Option to buy 3 extra days of holiday per year
- Work from abroad for a month (due to popular demand, this offer excludes the moon).
- Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
- The latest tech (Macbook or Surface) to power your gif-sending talents
- Up to £500/€550 home office allowance for that massage chair you’ve been talking about
- A generous learning and development budget to help you master your craft
- Regular social events:, tech lunches, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events/anything else you pester us for
- Refer a friend, get paid. Repeat for infinite money
- Lunch & learns and Carwow Classrooms with expert speakers who are here for a free lunch
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021