We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2022 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the team
As Europe’s largest new car marketplace and a clear leader in Automotive content, carwow provides a range of services to support consumers in discovering and changing their car. The newly formed strategic partnerships team works across the entirety of the business to leverage our existing offering to drive mutually beneficial partnerships for both carwow and our partners.
About the role
The Head of Strategic Partnerships plays a key role in the wider business by leveraging our existing reach and propositions to identify, execute and develop partnerships that drive value for both our business and consumers. This role will support the Commercial Director, working across the entirety of our business to bring key partners in to drive three core areas of focus;
The role will be directly responsible for the development of a holistic strategy to deliver growth against the three types of partnerships, as well as assessment of each partner opportunity, development of joint proposals (in conjunction with the relevant internal stakeholders) based on dimensions of suitability, opportunity alongside business and consumer value.
The role will also manage the ongoing relationship with our range of existing strategic partners, taking over responsibility for further growth of 5 key partnerships currently supporting the business.
- Own, develop and execute our Strategic Partnership Strategy against the three pillars of Customer Growth, Conversion and Proposition
- Direct responsibility for all relationships for Strategic Partnerships, P&L, and growth targets
- Active prospecting and outreach to senior stakeholders at key partner brands
- Exemplary relationship management and development across both internal and external stakeholders
- Be a driving force behind driving innovation in the wider carwow business, through partnership.
- High energy, passionate approach to developing partnerships and propositions
- Strong relationship management and organisational skills, with the ability to balance multiple streams of work
- Relevant sales, partnership, proposition development,strategy experience gained at tech or digital media businesses.
- Strong analytical skills combined with the ability to synthesise insights into compelling commercial actions
- Proven track record of presenting to senior executives and and partners
- Self-starter with a confident and humble personality - always looking to learn and develop, while being prepared to challenge at all levels
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving work environment
- Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
- Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
- Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
- Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
- Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
- Learning and development budget
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
- Refer a friend and get paid!
- Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021