We are looking for a Head of Marketplace Analytics to join the carwow team.
We're on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world's best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we've grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent' Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe's most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Analytics leader to join us as a Head of Marketplace Analytics at carwow. You will be focussed on developing a team that can provide key insight into how our business performs, spot key opportunities for business growth, collaborate with our talented commercial teams, uncover efficiencies and opportunities within our Operations teams and drive data-informed transformation.
At carwow, we are not just changing the way consumers buy and sell their cars, we are poised to revolutionise the entire industry. Our unwavering mission is to simplify, clarify and enhance the car changing experience. We are dedicated to providing the finest customer experience for buying or selling a car, while also striving to become the premier destination for our dealer partners to procure and sell vehicles.
Furthermore, we collaborate with a number of OEM’s (Original Equipment Manufacturers), automotive brands and agencies. With millions of unique configurations and customer journeys annually, coupled with the largest pool of in market consumers monthly, carwow offers an invaluable gateway for brands to engage with our audience. We leverage our extensive insights and expertise to facilitate these connections and create meaningful interactions.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our growing team as the Head of Marketplace Analytics and be part of an exhilarating journey as we reshape the automotive landscape.
- Accelerate team performance - fuel the potential of our Marketplace Analytics team with inspirational leadership, coaching and mentorship. Nurture their professional development and support them to reach new heights
- Precision in Reporting - We take full ownership of our commercial and marketplace health reporting, from crafting KPI’s to extracting actionable insight and presenting them in clear reports/dashboards. This responsibility is not just pivotal, it's the lifeblood of our business, enabling us to drive forward at pace to meet and exceed our business objectives. Support company-wide awareness and understanding of essential metrics and results
- Strategic Collaboration - Encourage and develop stakeholder relationships across our commercial and marketplace teams. Provide them with cutting edge tools, real time insights and exciting growth opportunities while driving actionable business strategies.
- Rigorous Prioritisation - Helping to improve how we work with different business verticals and markets, from prioritisation and allocation of resources to new ways of working.
- Data Transformation - Expert at working with large data sets. Create a vision for how our commercial, marketplace and operations datasets should look like. Enhancing our tools and streamlining processes, ensuring data reliability and fostering collaboration across commercial and data teams.
- Project Leadership - Take the helm in initiating and overseeing major initiatives with minimal guidance. You are the strategic visionary, leading projects and redefining what's achievable.
Please note: We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've listed in this posting, so we'd encourage you to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not an exact match.
- You’re a team advocate, nurturing talent and steering their professional growth.
- You have applied mathematical experience, you are a problem-solver, and have a taste for precision
- SQL and data analysis, with a flair for data visualisation using tools like Excel, Tableau, or similar
- A visionary with a flair for business judgement and strategic thinking
- You are comfortable in transforming the complex into clear and simple communication
- A passionate problem solver with a drive for data
- Familiarity with programming languages (Python/R) is preferred
- Previous experience in a tech marketplace or a fast-paced tech scale-up is preferred
- A degree in mathematics, statistics, or a related quantitative field is beneficial, but not essential
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunches, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021