We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal.
About the team
At carwow’s we help our customers to navigate all aspects of the car buying journey, and that also includes helping them to sell their existing car. Customers can list their cars on our site, and our network of trusted dealers, who are always looking for great cars, bid to buy them. Once a price is agreed, we help to make the hand the handover as smooth as possible. Not only do we want to have the best experience for car owners, but we also want to be the best place for our dealer partners to acquire stock. Sometimes it feels like we’re just getting started but we’ve already come a really long way, growing this part of our business by over 100% each year.
Online auctions like ours are still a relatively new way to sell a car or for a dealer to buy one, and so we’re at the forefront of changing an industry. Being part of the Sell My Car team means being part of a really dynamic and focused group who are passionate about navigating this new way of doing things and committed to getting it right - for customers and dealers. We’re changing our business almost daily and so we work together really collaboratively to understand what needs to be done and how we’re going to do it. We love solving problems and figuring out, every day ‘how to make it better’. And you can see the results of that approach in what our customers say about us on TrustPilot.
About the role
In this pivotal role, you will take the reins of our partnership and account management teams, steering our commercial strategy towards achieving ambitious revenue and profitability targets. You will lead a multi-faceted team of over 10 account managers and partnership directors, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence.
- Spearhead the growth of revenue and profitability by expanding our dealer network and increasing the frequency of car purchases through Carwow
- Cultivate and nurture strong relationships with our partners, acting as their trusted advisor and advocate within carwow
- Strategically guide and empower your team to achieve individual and collective goals, ensuring their continuous development and success
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including product, marketing, revenue operations, and revenue operations, to align strategies and drive seamless execution
- Proactively identify and implement sales enablement initiatives, training programs, and technology advancements to enhance team productivity and effectiveness
- Develop and execute a comprehensive partner growth strategy, including headcount planning and budgeting
- Represent carwow at high-level partner meetings, reviews, and industry events, showcasing our commitment to collaboration and success
- Proven track record of leading and inspiring high-performing account management, sales, and revenue-driving teams
- Experience in a high-growth startup or scale-up environment preferred
- Expertise in managing managers, fostering a culture of mentorship and coaching
- Hands-on experience with Salesforce and sales engagement software
- Familiarity with the automotive industry and its sales landscape
- Prior success as an individual contributor salesperson or account manager
- Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
- Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
- Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
- Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
- Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
- Learning and development budget
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
- Refer a friend and get paid!
- Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021