We’re Carwow. The car-changing experts for life-changing moments. Whether buying, selling, or (car) window shopping, we aim to give people total confidence in their choice.
We kicked off our journey as the ultimate matchmaker for car reviews, helping everyone pick their perfect ride. But we soon realised this wasn’t the destination - it was just the first leg. Why stop there when we could also help them get a great price?
So we decided we wanted to revolutionise selling cars, just like we did with buying them. That's when we introduced our game-changing 'sell my car' product.
Today, our dedicated team of over 350 experts across the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal look after over 12 million active users (and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating).
And we’ve got plenty left in the tank.
So, what does Carwow look like under the hood?
We’re always driving forward, and our people love what they do and love working together. Our goal is to empower our employees to discover their passions, create common ground, and take control of their careers with confidence.
We regularly fine-tune our hiring process to ensure fairness and all Carwowers receive comprehensive DE&I training. Our Diversity Committees, led by our fantastic employees, fuel internal education, help out our local communities, and champion initiatives for our customers.
We’re also Flexa100 nominated and aim to be the go-to place for changing cars. We’re proud to say we’ve got an impressive employee average engagement score of 8.5/10!
Bonding as a team is important to us - whether we're rocking the Carwow Olympics worldwide, playing drag bingo for Pride Month, taking part in beach clean-ups or rallying on the Padel court, there’s always something to bring us together.
Fancy a life-changing career from the car-changing pros? We’d love you to join us on our journey.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced leader to lead our UK commercial teams responsible for our dealer and leasing broker relationships. As Director of our UK commercial teams, you will be responsible for driving the growth and success of our Get Your Car business, overseeing commercial strategies, partnerships, and operations.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer of our global Get Your Car business, you will have full P&L ownership of the UK GYC business. You will be responsible for developing and executing the UK commercial strategy, growing new and existing revenue lines, growing our dealer network depth, implementing a consultative sales process design and leading the commercial teams to their next level of growth.
As a key member of our senior leadership team, you will shape the future of Carwow's core proposition incl. B2B, our partner experience, commercial operations and contribute significantly to our company's overall success.
If you have a growth mindset and are excited by the idea of taking Carwow’s commercial proposition to the next level, this is a rare opportunity to join an ambitious, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven team and organisation while engaging with some of the best partners in the automotive retail industry.
What you'll be doing
You will be fully responsible for the UK Get Your Car (new cars, used cars, and leasing) P&L and be the spokesperson for our Marketplace in the UK.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive commercial strategy for the Get Your Car business including the development of our b2b value proposition, product strategy, and marketing, to achieve and accelerate revenue, growth and profitability targets
- Understand the requirements of existing and new partners to ensure their needs are being met
- Understand market conditions, conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key partners, including AM100 dealer groups, leasing brokers, and affiliates to drive business growth and foster mutually beneficial collaborations
- Negotiate and finalise partnership agreements, ensuring favourable terms for Carwow
- Position Carwow as the leading vertical marketing specialist
- Regularly analyse performance, trading, and market data, prepare detailed reports, and present findings to the executive leadership team
- Monitor and actively manage trading and merchandising levers in order to maximise performance and identify opportunities for revenue enhancements
- Implement pricing strategies and sales initiatives to optimise revenue streams and enhance profitability
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a high-performing commercial team, fostering a collaborative and results-oriented work environment
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support to team members, empowering them to achieve individual and team goals
- Lead the team in developing and implementing a data-driven performance management system that drives revenue growth and profitability
What you'll need
- Proven track record in commercial leadership with a focus on sales, partnerships, and revenue optimization, having led commercial teams >20 ppl.
- Experience in a high-growth company or industry-leading technology or marketing platform
- Exemplary ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members
- An In-depth understanding of the UK automotive market, including market dynamics, customer behavior, and industry trends is nice to have but will be expected within a short period of time
- Exceptional negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful commercial strategies that drive revenue growth and market expansion
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A team-oriented leader with a passion for developing and mentoring talent
- Record of recruiting and enabling top talent
What's in it for you
- Hybrid working that works around you (two days in the office, three from home - we miss you)
- Competitive salary to fund that dream holiday to Bali
- Share options - when we thrive, so do you!
- Vitality Private Healthcare, for peace of mind
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve (or an alternative meaningful religious or secular holiday of your choice)
- The latest tech (Macbook or Surface) to power your gif-sending talents
- Up to £500/€550 home office allowance for that massage chair you’ve been talking about
- Work from anywhere for a month. Anywhere (due to popular demand, this offer excludes the moon)
- Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
- The day off when you move house - because moving’s hard enough without work!
- A generous learning and development budget to help you master your craft
- Regular social stuff: tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events/anything else you pester us for
- Refer a friend, get paid. Repeat for infinite money
- Lunch & learns with expert speakers who are here for a free lunch
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021