We’re on a mission to change the way people buy, sell or use a car by creating the world’s best online car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
carwow is backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors, with $55 million Series D funding secured in December 2021. Over 400 carwowers from 25 nationalities work with us in the UK, Germany, Spain and Portugal. One of our goals for 2023 is to become a Top 10 European Start-Up to work for.
About the role
As we continue to grow and scale we are looking for an experienced accounts payable specialist to join the finance department. This role is based in Portugal but will report into the transactional finance manager in the UK bringing opportunity to travel to our London Head Office if this is of interest. They will deliver and maintain all aspects of accounts payable for our global operations.
Responsibilities include for all global entities but predominantly for the UK Company
- Using PO and accounting system to process invoices and ensure accurate data entry
- Reconciling supplier statements and identifying any discrepancies
- Allocating all banking transactions and reconciling bank statements
- Assisting with payment runs and ensuring all payments are processed accurately and on time
- Handling and resolving queries related to accounts payable – internal and external
- Collaborating with internal teams to resolve any invoice or payment-related issues
- Processing corporate card and travel and entertainment expenses via an expense management system
- Other duties/ad hoc projects as assigned by Transactional Finance Manager
- Experience in a similar role is essential
- Excellent organisation and time management skills with ability to meet deadlines
- A high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluent in English – written and verbal is essential
- Fluency in German or Spanish is mandatory
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Skilled in excel and familiarity with Google Software
🗺️ 🕔 Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
💶 Competitive salary
🏢 Equity in the company (share options)
🏥 Vitality Private Healthcare
🏖️ 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
💻 Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
🪑 Remote working: You'll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
🌍 Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year' policy in place should you wish to use it
👶 Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
📚 Learning and development budget
💬 Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
🧑🤝🧑 Refer a friend and get paid!
🥪 Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
Diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our culture. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences to apply for this position. We make recruiting decisions based on experience, skills and potential, so all our applicants are treated fairly and equally.
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options carwow provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure carwow is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at carwow
Gender diversity (male:female)
Male: 64% Female: 34% Other: 2%
London, Munich, Madrid and remotely in Portugal
$55 million in 2021