Trials and Validation Consultants
About the role
Our Asset Performance business line comprises of specialists from across a broad range of capabilities needed to deliver a full spectrum of engineering asset management disciplines. Our services span the complete Asset lifecycle and blend enterprise-level consultancy, solving real-world business critical problems, with an unmatched engineering analytical pedigree which is both, independent and trusted.
As part of our exciting growth plans, we are looking for Trials and Validation Consultants with varying levels of experience to join the team in delivering an independent technical evaluation and reporting services. This can range from supporting integration and acceptance of new equipment and systems in order to Verify and Validate evidence against a requirement set, through to in-service data capture and analysis for the purpose of whole-life performance measurement.
As a Trials and Validation (T&V) Consultant you will, depending on seniority:
- Generate and provide input into T&V specific deliverables as required by the Capability Managers, Leads and Project Managers;
- Lead, facilitate and provide technical support to working groups, discussions and workshops and help to drive outcomes through to completion;
- Develop and/or support seniors in the development of requirements from scratch and/or information provided from a customer or supplier; acting as an intelligent customer, focussing on System and User Requirements with the overall aim of obtaining the best results for the client;
- Instigate, plan and undertake all aspects of development, assessment and acceptance testing and trials in complex and challenging customer operating environments;
- Provide technical scrutiny of documentation ensuring comments are focused on the improvement of the final artefact;
The roles will be based out of the most convenient BMT office. However, BMT flexible working arrangements and a robust IT infrastructure allow for staff to be located anywhere within the UK. It should be noted that some travel to client sites and for meetings will be required, and some overseas travel may be necessary.
We are looking for enthusiastic and flexible team members, with demonstrable experience of military Combat Systems, Operations and a thorough understanding of Information Assurance and Security. Furthermore, an understanding of Strategic Weapons Systems, Sonar or Land domain systems is an advantage.
You will need to hold a Degree or HND/HNC with at least 5 years experience in Electronic/ Electrical Engineering or equivalent appropriate specialisation.
Additionally, we look forward to learning more about your:
- Knowledge of Integration, Testing & Systems Acceptance processes;
- Experience of Acceptance, Tests and Trials or your ability to confidently advise on correct procedures and policy;
- Knowledge of the CADMID cycle, the V-Model and the Defence Lines Of Development;
- Professional communication skills and ability to present information clearly.
Please note, to be considered for this role you must be a UK National and eligible to hold UK Security Clearance with at least SC level.
Missing skills? Let us be the judge! BMT are passionate about people; we recognise that technology moves quickly and that no one can learn everything, which is why we seek those who can adapt and demonstrate the aptitude to learn. With enthusiasm and the right attitude, we can help you discover your potential.
We exist to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time. We create environments where people with outstanding technical knowledge deliver meaningful, practical solutions. We are driven by a commitment to a safer, more efficient, effective and sustainable future to find out more about BMT click here .
BMT is open and committed to discussing flexible working. We believe that everyone performs at their best when they have the flexibility to make working for BMT work best for them.
BMT hires talented people and welcomes applications from everyone. At this time, we particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian, Minority ethnic, female, and non-binary candidates as we are underrepresented in these groups.
We know that diversity, equity, and inclusion is critical to achieving our purpose as a business which is to navigate the most important and impactful engineering challenges of our time (to find out more click here ). Our passion and goal are to build more diverse teams and to create an environment where employees are engaged, thriving, and feel a sense of belonging.
At BMT, our employee benefits are designed to ensure you have the resources you need to thrive.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a wide range of benefits in areas including health, family, finance, and personal development.
Don’t hesitate to ask more about our benefits during the hiring process.
Does this sound like you? If so, please submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to learning more about you.
A message to recruitment agencies: We receive applications exclusively via our ATS. Please note that we do not accept CVs submitted via email to the HR department or staff within our Operational teams. We will not progress CVs shared on a speculative basis by email and you accept our right to pursue such candidates with no obligation to third-party terms and conditions or liability to a fee
We asked employees of BMT how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at BMT
Gender diversity (male:female)
66% Male, 28% Female
Teddington, Bath, Southampton, Fareham, Bristol, Plymouth, Weymouth, Leeds, Aberdeen, Glasgow