We're looking for an enthusiastic and talented individual to join our team as Legacy Marketing Manager, working 3-4 days per week for an 8-9 month contract. This role will rely on using direct marketing, innovation & product development techniques to develop a Legacy Engagement programme for both external and internal audiences.
You will have experience and knowledge of direct marketing, and ideally an understanding of the differences in audience needs for Gifts in Wills Marketing versus fundraising, as well as having substantial experience of using data and supporter insight to improve performance.
We welcome applications from candidates wishing to be based from either our London or Edinburgh offices or working predominantly remotely.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES Strategy & Planning
- To support in the development and implementation of the Legacy/In-Mem strategies, supporter journeys and operational plans.
- Providing comprehensive evaluation of campaigns and activities, drawing conclusions and making recommendations.
- Report and evaluate the effectiveness of retention and stewardship activities and campaigns against objectives, targets & strategic KPIs, ensuring that key learnings are used to inform future development activity.
- Monitor expenditure/invoices to ensure consistent with approved budget.
- Campaign and Event management.
- Oversee the delivery of effective stewardship plans for legacy prospects and intenders, In-Mem supporters as well as any future legacy products.
Legacy Product Support
- Maintain a level of enthusiasm and inspire colleagues with regards to legacy marketing.
- Review and collate all legacy materials to assist all departments in delivering Legacy marketing plans.
- Build relationships and engage with key departments to convey the importance of legacies for the organisation.
- Deliver training to the wider organisation on how to confidently lead legacy conversations with varying audiences.
- Review and collate all legacy materials to assist all departments in delivering Legacy KPI’s.
- Undertake competitor analysis and make recommendations to the organisation on best practice and improvements that can be made to existing activity.
- Manage agency relationship for Legacy engagement campaigns and activity.
- To manage relationship with free wills provider and ensure free wills service is on track for all legacy KPIs.
- To project manage and write engaging copy for a range of marketing campaigns including direct mail and digital, ensuring that all projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- To oversee the successful management of any potential legacy events, personally attending all events and delivering a high level of stewardship on the day.
- Plan and develop robust supporter journeys across legacies and In-Mem ensuring alignment with both Legacy strategy and IG communications and journeys.
- Ensure the successful implementation of all Supporter Journeys in conjunction with key stakeholders – from development through to delivery.
- Develop comprehensive briefs for internal creative and communication teams and external agencies. Holding them to account for successful delivery of agreed activity, ensuring that the values of the Blood Cancer UK brand are fully understood by suppliers and appropriately reflected in all communications.
- Ensure all stewardship activities and campaigns are carried out in line with internal processes, Fundraising Regulator & GDPR guidelines, and Fundraising Code of Practice.
THINGS WE ALL DO
- Promote Blood Cancer UK’s vision, mission and core values
- We’re all fundraisers. This is slightly different for all roles, and your team will have fundraising KPIs and objectives we all work to
- Attend and assist at Blood Cancer UK events and activities as required (NB this involves evening and weekend work)
- Be an effective ambassador for Blood Cancer UK at any activity you attend
- All staff are expected to adhere to Blood Cancer UK’s policies and procedures
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Skills knowledge and experience
- Experience developing and implementing supporter journey programs, events and direct marketing campaigns
- Demonstrable experience of effective relationship management (stewardship) of a variety of supporter/customer segments
- Experience of effectively managing projects and budgets
- Experience of working with data and fundraising databases to develop and measure effective marketing strategies and activities
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail, specifically for supporter relationship, retention and development management
- Knowledge of and commitment to compliance with Fundraising Codes of Practice, Fundraising Regulator guidance, Data Protection regulations
- Ability to multitask and prioritise workload, including organising and planning daily and weekly activities to meet deadlines
- Ability to present oral/written communication professionally and persuasively
- Experience of Individual Giving Marketing
- Experience of running digital marketing campaigns
- Leads a culture of continuous improvement
- Comes up with imaginative solutions to business situations and have the capacity to identify alternatives to traditional methods and approaches.
- Ensures the successful achievement of results through the effective planning and management of resources, which are in line with the organisation’s strategic direction.
- Works collaboratively and shares information within and across the Engagement Directorate as well as wider organisation.
- Builds and maintains good working relationships with colleagues to foster team spirit, commitment to the team and achievement of shared goals.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Excellent analytical and numeracy skills
- Proficient in use of Windows-based software packages, including Word, Excel, email and internet
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity and the aims and values of Blood Cancer UK
- Ability to write engaging copy for on-line and off-line channels
- Knowledge of Legacy CRM systems
- Experience of legacy and/or In-Mem marketing and knowledge of best practise in legacy marketing and fundraising strategies
We asked employees of Blood Cancer UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Blood Cancer UK
London and Edinburgh