We're looking for a Digital Insights Analyst to join our growing multidisciplinary Digital team to help us reach even more people affected by blood cancer and beyond.
You'll drive analysis to help optimise our performance across all the work we do to beat blood cancer. Working mainly with Google Analytics 4 and other digital datasets, you'll create insights to serve the needs of the whole organisation. Stakeholders have a strong appetite for data and your work will directly improve the knowledge Blood Cancer UK has on its support services, fundraising efforts, work to raise the profile of blood cancer, and brand recognition.
You’ll deliver value by working closely with internal stakeholders on key projects and build the capabilities of our data function. You’ll champion best practice for evidence-led decision making at Blood Cancer UK.
It’s an exciting time to join us at Blood Cancer UK. We’re focusing on improving the ways we use data and insights to inform what we do and how we do it, and to evidence our impact and performance.
When writing your cover letter (minimum 1 page), please refer to the person specification found in the job pack and let us know how your skills and experience meet the criteria.
- Support the evaluation of all digital activity and campaign performance; provide analysis of often complex data.
- Support the Digital Insights Manager with reporting on the performance of numerous key digital channels (including the website, mass marketing emails and social media profiles).
- Support the Digital Insights Manager to provide operational business intelligence via the design, implementation and maintenance of a suite of digital reports; provide timely and relevant business intelligence through reporting and dashboards for all business functions.
- Provide guidance to teams in the development of digital activity; help inform the digital and channel approach for products to ensure maximum engagement and income growth.
- Advise on the most appropriate metrics to use to track progress and quantify impact, generally and on a project basis.
- Engage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to develop solutions for improving online experience and reaching target audiences.
- Support teams across the organisation to develop and deliver the most effective online solutions for key business areas, such as health information, campaigns and fundraising.
- Support the Digital Insights Manager to maintain and develop analytics platforms to ensure data capture, attribution and management flows meet all evaluation and reporting needs.
- Report on website analytics across all platforms and provide ongoing updates to the organisation on performance.
- Champion involvement at all times and provide recommendations designed to ensure users are at the heart of our online activities in all our business areas.
- Support the Digital Fundraising Lead with devising, implementing and monitoring a range of test activity that will enable us to learn more about how best to engage our website visitors.
- Help deliver regular training and support to upskill the digital capabilities in staff within Blood Cancer UK that will allow us to thrive as a data-led organisation.
- Track the charity’s online performance across a variety of channels, such as website traffic, social media engagement, and email.
- Identify opportunities for improvement in the user experience using key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Ability to set up goals to help identify opportunities for improvement in the user experience.
- Generate and distribute reports on the charity’s digital performance to colleagues in a way that is actionable and relevant to their roles.
- Help make recommendations for changes to the website's design, navigation, or content, based upon analysis of digital data.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in digital marketing and analytics.
THINGS WE ALL DO
- Promote Blood Cancer UK’s vision, mission and core values
- We’re all fundraisers. This is slightly different for all roles, and your team will have fundraising KPIs and objectives we all work to
- Attend and assist at Blood Cancer UK events and activities as required (NB this involves evening and weekend work)
- Be an effective ambassador for Blood Cancer UK at any activity you attend
- All staff are expected to adhere to Blood Cancer UK’s policies and procedures
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience with analytics 2+ years
- Proven experience identifying trends and behaviours and providing key insights and recommendations
- Worked closely with several business areas with differing objectives and goals
- Proficient at using Google Analytics 4
- Strong data visualisation skills to create reporting dashboards with Looker Studio (or other)
- SEO experience and ability to apply SEO techniques to improve search rankings
- Experience in AB and multivariate testing
- Demonstrable experience of improving KPIs
- Comfortable presenting findings and engaging with stakeholders
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity and the aims and values of Blood cancer UK
We asked employees of Blood Cancer UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Blood Cancer UK
London and Edinburgh