Our strategy has set ambitious goals to reach and engage a much larger and more diverse range of people who care about blood cancer. We’re looking for a talented individual to join our Brand and Strategy team, bringing brand strategy and audience expertise to help deliver this change.
There are a number of challenges to tackle:
- Blood cancer is the 5th most common type of cancer and yet understanding of it is very low. We want everyone to understand that blood cancer is as big a health challenge as the other four most common types of cancer.
- We have a strong core community of people affected by blood cancer who regularly engage with us, we now need to build on these foundations to significantly broaden and diversify our reach to increase our impact.
- We need to embed audience insight at the heart of all our engagement work, using data to break away from traditional ‘supporter’ and ‘service user’ mentality.
- And to fund growth and impact across all our work, we need to create a step change in our income generation over the lifetime of this strategy. In order to do this, we need to reach significantly more people affected by blood cancer.
You’ll project manage our category workstream, working closely with the Head of Brand and Strategy and the cross functional workstream team to develop strategies to best achieve our goals.
In addition to this, you’ll also work alongside the Deputy Director of Communications and our audience agency, Opinium, to manage our audience workstream; developing, owning and embedding a new audience-centric approach across the charity to enable us to reach, engage and motivate more people affected by blood cancer to join our community.
You’ll be well versed in using audience data and insight to develop strategies that inspire, motivate and empower the Engagement directorate to create impactful marketing solutions that deliver results.
Cross-team collaboration is key to our organisational success, so we’re looking for a real team player who is excited to work closely with some of the most creative and dedicated colleagues in the sector. From ensuring all communications speak to our brand pillars, to ensuring everything we say as an organisation puts our audience first, your strategic direction will help shape our continued success for years to come.
Most importantly, the work you do will deliver real impact for people affected by blood cancer.
We welcome applications to work full time or four day a week, please specify in your cover letter
Audience growth1. Project manage the audience workstream, ensuring we remain on brief and on track to deliver results that support teams across the organisation2. Actively support, develop and champion our audience-first approach across the organisation, developing and owning ways of working to embed this across teams, tools and processes and setting us up to monitor impact
Brand strategy and development3. Project manage the workstream responsible for establishing the blood cancer category, positioning Blood Cancer UK as the go to charity and increasing our reach amongst the blood cancer community. 3.1 Develop audience insight and key messaging that inspires teams across the organisation, and in particular across the Engagement directorate (External Communications, Fundraising and Brand and Creative) to develop integrated campaigns and bring these to life in the most impactful way.3.2 Project manage cross functional teams and any external suppliers3.3 Manage budgets, set KPIs, track performance and adjust plans and activity to maximise impact
4. Own and embed our brand strategy and the “see, think, do, care” engagement funnel so that all external activity, as well as our internal ways of working, speaks to the bigger picture of who we are as a brand, and where our audiences are on their journey5. Work with the Celebrity and Influencer Lead to develop an influencer marketing strategy to increase our reach and engagement 6. Keep up to date with marketing trends in the sector and beyond, ensuring we’re responsive to opportunities for brand growth
Planning and processes7. Forward plan communications priorities according to the organisational strategy, ensuring we’re telling a consistent brand story across all channels and audiences aren’t over saturated8. Work with teams across the organisation to project manage opportunities with partnerships/relationships that help to establish the blood cancer category and increase reach and awareness
Data and insight9. Lead on high-quality market intelligence gathering and analysis (from social listening to consumer segmentation, location profiling, trend monitoring and competitor activity), to inform audience engagement strategies that promote the brand story and drive people through the engagement funnel10. Assist in the development and implementation of all aspects of brand and marketing best practice11. Collaborate with experts across the organisation (from our celeb and influencer lead, to our clinical engagement officer) to ensure we’re making the most of all opportunities to grow our brand and connect with our audience
THINGS WE ALL DO
- Promote Blood Cancer UK’s vision, mission and core values
- Attend and assist at Blood Cancer UK events and activities as required (NB this involves evening and weekend work)
- Be an effective ambassador for Blood Cancer UK at any activity you attend
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our work
- Follow the principles of LEAN
- All staff are expected to adhere to Blood Cancer UK s policies and procedures
- Do any other reasonable things your manager needs you to do
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
Skills knowledge and experience
- Strong experience of developing and delivering brand and audience strategies that deliver impact with proven track record of achieving or exceeding brand and reach KPIs
- Successful track-record in a marketing position, responsible for brand activation across multiple communication channels and disciplines
- Experience of commissioning and analysing audience data and insight to develop successful marketing activities, along with using performance data to monitor and maximise impact
- Manage budgets, set KPIs, track performance and adjust plans and activity to maximise impact
- Good communication skills – written and oral – including the proven ability to work successfully at all levels
- Experience of working with and managing the work of agencies
- Collaborative approach, seeking input and sharing information within and across Marketing, Communications and Digital, as well as the wider organisation
- Building and maintaining good working relationships with colleagues to foster team spirit, commitment to projects and achievement of shared goals
- A commitment to equal opportunities and diversity and the aims and values of Blood Cancer UK
We asked employees of Blood Cancer UK how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Blood Cancer UK
London and Edinburgh