We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re writing the next chapter in our story. Our strategy is to build some of the best products in the iGaming industry, innovating and creating experiences to move the industry forward and be the champion of a better game.
We want to do that by hiring amazing talent, like you, who will take us to the next level, building and creating a company and products that we are proud of. Expanding our horizons, learning and growing and reaching that next step in our journey together. It’s important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
Blexr’s culture has 4 core values that help guide us on our journey: No Limits, Eyes on the prize, Stay True and Better Together. Each one brought to life from within the company and used every day to guide our decisions and actions.
If this sounds good to you, then we want to talk to you. We want to work with incredible people that want to do incredible things and we are certain that your career will be Better with Blexr.
About the role
Salary band depending on experience;
EU - €65,000 - €85,000
UK - £72,000 - £95,000
Being a Senior Engineer at Blexr is about having a holistic approach to software development. Bring your expertise to the product and actively collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, Designers, QA, DevOps and stakeholders to ensure the team is highly cohesive and able to deliver against product outcomes. You will be setting standards and leading cultural change to ensure the team stays updated with modern technologies and ways of working; helping to shift left parts of traditionally separate areas such as Quality and DevOps. You will focus on understanding the needs of our customers, the needs of our team, how to communicate ideas effectively and producing high-quality production software that enable us to move at pace.
Blexr is going through a tremendous amount of change and this role is an exciting opportunity to work across greenfield and brownfield opportunities, help to establish the architecture for our key publishing platforms, help to recognise Blexr’s vision and create the conditions and culture for long term growth and success. And have some fun along the way.
- Support product delivery by building, testing, and releasing production quality features utilising best engineering practices.
- Ensure software is of high quality, security, performance, reliability, robust, extensibility, resiliency, observability, etc. by having a holistic approach to software development.
- Write simple, clean, test-driven secure code with a focus on modern good practises while minimising technical debt and complexity.
- Refactor, optimise, and improve existing code for better maintainability and scalability, and reduce technical debt in general.
- Produce key documentation and artefacts to ensure a common understanding of the engineering characteristics of your product.
- Test own work with a view to minimal work items being returned for defects to be fixed.
- Lead by example through mechanisms such as design/code reviews and virtual pairing.
- Be a champion for your Engineering approach within your tribe and within Blexr.
- Help develop product specifications, architectural design, build and deployment automation.
- Be responsible for the availability and reliability characteristics of your application.
- Unwavering focus on seamless, continuous delivery - ensuring that time to production is measured in low minutes.
- Take a highly data driven approach to your work.
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes, and remediate complex technical issues.
Note: There may be need for participation in an On-Call rota, depending on the characteristics of the product you build.
- Several years of experience acting as a Full Stack Engineer - with a core focus on delivering content focused, responsive websites to global audiences.
- Previous experience leading teams that have built websites for global availability, high performance, localisation/internationalisation.
- Solid understanding of core HTTP principles and headers, from Cross domain policies to Cache control headers.
- Extensive experience working in fully automated CI/CD environments.
- Strong understanding and application of TDD principles across the stack, from unit to acceptance testing, and associated frameworks.
- Highly pragmatic and delivery focused - you enjoy nothing more than seeing multiple releases roll out to customers every day - but also know when to slow down to speed up.
- Reasonable understanding of data privacy and data security challenges - and how to apply solutions for these in your solution from day one.
- Highly opinionated (but open minded!) on what best practice looks like - and keen to align those around you on this.
- Solid understanding of API design and engineering, predominately using RESTful approaches, but also emerging approaches such as GraphQL.
- Strong communicator - both written and verbal, who appreciates the beauty of great diagram and loves the art of storytelling - particularly to non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with modern architectural approaches such as microservices / micro-frontends / reusable component libraries.
- Experience with a range of content management platforms - predominately on headless systems (e.g.: Strapi / Contentful / etc).
- Occasional travel to London and Malta depending on the needs of your team and your project.
- Experience with, and working knowledge of other languages, including Python, PHP and SQL.
- Experience with delivering capabilities at the edge.
- Experience working in referral/affiliate marketing websites, or comparison websites.
- Experience building experimentation into your stack from day one (e.g.: Blue/Green, A/B, MVT, etc).
- Experience working on global websites that are localised to different regions.
- Experience building with AWS services (including with basic certification) a distinct advantage.
The technology stack
Here’s a slice of what we’re using for this product at Blexr:
- GitLab, with CI/CD
- AWS - with full ownership and access for Product Development Teams. Pick your tools and build great things.
- Docker - With deployment using common orchestration tools such as Fargate
- A range of CMS platforms (some of which you’ll be involved in choosing)
- Redshift, Airflow and Tableau for Data/BI
- … and whatever you’d like to bring to the table. Our technology approach is adaptable and focused on using the right technology that has the right impact for our customers.
Benefits working at Blexr
- Company pension contributions (e.g. you give 8%, we give 10% up to a maximum)
- Personal Gym & Wellbeing Budget*
- Personal Training and development Budget*
- Health insurance for you and option for your family
- Remote first with option for remote working space
- Hardware of choice*
- Home-working set up budget
We love all people, from all walks of life. This means Blexr is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of every race, religion or belief and ethnic origin, regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We don’t care where you’re from or who you love, we just want you to do your best work with us, so that together we can make things #betterwithblexr
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blexr provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blexr is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blexr
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Spain and Malta