We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re writing the next chapter in our story. Our strategy is to build some of the best products in the iGaming industry, innovating and creating experiences to move the industry forward and be the champion of a better game.
We want to do that by hiring amazing talent, like you, who will take us to the next level, building and creating a company and products that we are proud of. Expanding our horizons, learning and growing and reaching that next step in our journey together. It’s important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
Blexr’s culture has 4 core values that help guide us on our journey: No Limits, Eyes on the prize, Stay True and Better Together. Each one brought to life from within the company and used every day to guide our decisions and actions.
If this sounds good to you, then we want to talk to you. We want to work with incredible people that want to do incredible things and we are certain that your career will be Better with Blexr.
About the role
Salary band depending on experience;
UK - £118,000 - £145,000
EU - €100,000 - €130,000
Head of Engineering in Blexr is most senior technical role within our Product Development Tribes. Reporting into the VP of Technology, you’ll be directly responsible for the technical strategy of Vegas Slots Online, building the culture and processes for a highly effective Engineering team, and ensuring alignment between Tech and other key contributors including Product Management, SEO, Marketing and Content. You’ll sit on the Leadership team for Vegas Slots Online, ensuring the management team are focused on creating a great, balanced product that allows your team to do their best work.
You’ll be responsible for ensuring the overall technical excellence and quality of Vegas Slots Online. You’ll build and grow a team that has a great, modern culture, that is focused on pace, utilises modern technology and approaches, and ultimately has a strong sense of ownership over the product. You’ll bring new ideas to the table and new ways of working that drive a sense of pace, but also innovation as you look for new technical opportunities for Vegas Slots Online to take advantage of over the months and years ahead.
You’ll also be a key member of the Technology Leadership Team, working exceptionally closely with your peers from Product Engineering, Architecture and Operations, helping to drive alignment, drive Technology wide strategy, knowledge share and common ways of working.
- Own the Engineering strategy and approach for Vegas Slots Online, across People, Process and Technology - ultimately ensuring an Engineering capability that meets the needs of the Product and your peers.
- Be a key member of the senior team for Vegas Slots Online, representing the needs and views of Technology and ensuring a high degree of alignment with your peers in Product, SEO, Marketing and Content
- Work directly with the Technology Leadership Team to drive shared ways of working and enable innovation across all areas of Technology
- Grow and develop a small set of line reports across Engineering Management and Engineering Leadership
- Drive a cloud native, preferably serverless approach, ensuring that your teams are able to focus on delivering high value USPs and not commodity technology
- Be highly data driven, using data to understand operational and product performance of Vegas Slots Online
- Grow a culture of empowerment, quality, technical excellence and speed to market within Vegas Slots Online
- Have a laser focus on the DORA metrics for your team, reporting on these regularly and ensuring continuous improvement
- Work with Product Management and Delivery functions to collaboratively develop the Technology Roadmap for VSO
- Ensure strong adherence to Technology and Regulatory compliance, ranging from Gambling regulations through to Data Privacy and Protection
- Work with the Operations team to ensure a strong security posture for all of the services and capabilities that your team
- Ensure high degree of technical resiliency, sustainability and availability within Vegas Slots Online
- Extensive experience working in Technology, building great engineering capabilities, with considerable experience owning Technology strategy for products generating £10+ million in revenue
- Experience in building highly performant, modern and diverse teams. Experience building teams that are full remote is highly desirable.
- Experience developing technical strategies and formulating high level technical roadmaps
- Demonstrable experience delivering technical strategies and developing teams for products that are on a similar journey to Vegas Slots Online
- Strong understanding of a variety of modern technologies, patterns and approaches
- A track record of strong successes, and great learnings from where things haven’t gone to plan
- Experience outside of a typical Engineering track, e.g.: Technical Product Management, Delivery, Analysis, etc
- Passion for technology, always looking over the horizon at what is coming next, and charting a course
- Strong experience in understanding both customer facing and business facing needs
- Unwavering focus on high performance delivery, with a record of building teams and cultures around continuous delivery and excellent speed to market
Benefits working at Blexr
- Company pension contributions (e.g. you give 8%, we give 10% up to a maximum)
- Personal Gym & Wellbeing Budget*
- Personal Training and development Budget*
- Health insurance for you and option for your family
- Remote first with option for remote working space
- Hardware of choice*
- Home-working set up budget
We love all people, from all walks of life. This means Blexr is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of every race, religion or belief and ethnic origin, regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We don’t care where you’re from or who you love, we just want you to do your best work with us, so that together we can make things #betterwithblexr
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blexr provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blexr is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blexr
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Spain and Malta
What employees are saying
It's amazing to be a Blexarian, I have flexibility, autonomy, full trust and I always feel valued and appreciated