We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re writing the next chapter in our story. Our strategy is to build some of the best products in the iGaming industry, innovating and creating experiences to move the industry forward and be the champion of a better game.
We want to do that by hiring amazing talent, like you, who will take us to the next level, building and creating a company and products that we are proud of. Expanding our horizons, learning and growing and reaching that next step in our journey together. It’s important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
Blexr’s culture has 4 core values that help guide us on our journey: No Limits, Eyes on the prize, Stay True and Better Together. Each one brought to life from within the company and used every day to guide our decisions and actions.
If this sounds good to you, then we want to talk to you. We want to work with incredible people that want to do incredible things and we are certain that your career will be Better with Blexr.
About the role
Salary band depending on experience;
UK - £95,000 - £118,000
EU - €85,000 - €106,000
Engineering Managers at Blexr are at the heart of growing and supporting our great teams. They’re responsible for driving a culture of Engineering excellence whilst building our teams and ensuring our people grow and are well supported. They will provide technical coaching, ensure a culture of continuous improvement and ultimately enable Blexr to deliver great products.
Within this role you’ll be responsible for growing a team of 8-10+ Engineers for our flagship product “Vegas Slots Online”. You’ll be responsible for hiring, development, improvement and team excellence. You’ll be close to the detail but not as hands on as you once were. You’ll work exceptionally closely with our Operations, Architecture and Product teams to ensure alignment and the effective delivery of capability. You’ll also work directly with the Head of Engineering on the development and quality of the overall technical strategy for Vegas Slots Online.
- Be directly responsible for building and growing an Engineering team of 10+ people
- Have the great conversations around performance development and growth, but not shy away from difficult conversations around underperformance and missed goals
- Work exceptionally closely with the Head of Engineering (Vegas Slots Online) to develop key technical and team strategies for Vegas Slots Online
- Ensure the overall performance, quality and technical excellence of the
- Ensure a high degree of excellent technical documentation, with an ability to lead by example and coach others into great documentation practices
- Define key technical processes, platforms and ways of working that embrace modern approaches
- Own the onboarding process for new technical team members
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement in all areas of your team, ensuring the bar is always raised a little higher
- Contribute to the overall Developer Experience strategy, ensuring Engineers are able to rapidly and seamlessly create new capabilities for Vegas Slots Online
- Develop a strong talent pipeline within your team, ranging from Intern/Junior team members to Principal Engineers and Technical Leads
- Engage in 1-1 conversations, help set and define goals for Engineers, and provide direct coaching, support and sounding boards as required
- Several years of experience in Technology, building great products and developing great teams, with at least 2-3 years in a similar role
- Demonstrable experience with building teams from scratch, preferably in fully remote environments
- A strong focus on culture and inclusive values within teams, with experience of building value systems and aligning teams to these
- Dedication to growing your team, enabling them to be the best version of themselves and achieve their career and development goals
- A passion for continuous improvement - ensuring that teams are always inspecting and adapting to the situations and outcomes around them
- A great understanding of AWS, with experience in empowering teams to maximise its value
- Exceptional communicator, who can take difficult technical concepts and make them accessible to a variety of audiences, using different communication mechanisms as appropriate
- Highly pragmatic self starter, who is capable of listening to others, understanding the situation around them and acting deliberately to deliver value
- Experience building teams around the principles of ‘Build - Own - Run’, where the team is ultimately responsible for what they deliver into production.
- Data driven, always looking to use data to drive situational and operational awareness and applying learnings back into your day to day practice
- Strong understanding of all components of the stack, from CDN to Databases and all of the autoscaling in the middle.
- Experience working and leading effectively in “Remote Native” environments
- Highly data driven, with a keen understanding of the power of data in an Infrastructure and Operations function - with a particular focus on DORA metrics
- Experience working with Vendor management
Benefits working at Blexr
- Company pension contributions (e.g. you give 8%, we give 10% up to a maximum)
- Personal Gym & Wellbeing Budget*
- Personal Training and development Budget*
- Health insurance for you and option for your family
- Remote first with option for remote working space
- Hardware of choice*
- Home-working set up budget
We love all people, from all walks of life. This means Blexr is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of every race, religion or belief and ethnic origin, regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We don’t care where you’re from or who you love, we just want you to do your best work with us, so that together we can make things #betterwithblexr
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blexr provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blexr is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blexr
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Spain and Malta
What employees are saying
It's amazing to be a Blexarian, I have flexibility, autonomy, full trust and I always feel valued and appreciated