We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re writing the next chapter in our story. Our strategy is to build some of the best products in the iGaming industry, innovating and creating experiences to move the industry forward and be the champion of a better game.
We want to do that by hiring amazing talent, like you, who will take us to the next level, building and creating a company and products that we are proud of. Expanding our horizons, learning and growing and reaching that next step in our journey together. It’s important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
Blexr’s culture has 4 core values that help guide us on our journey: No Limits, Eyes on the prize, Stay True and Better Together. Each one brought to life from within the company and used every day to guide our decisions and actions.
If this sounds good to you, then we want to talk to you. We want to work with incredible people that want to do incredible things and we are certain that your career will be Better with Blexr.
About the role
Pay band depending on experience
UK - £48,000 - £56,000
EU - €32,000 - £38,000
All of our roles are fully remote as long as you are based in the UK, Spain or Malta
We are looking for a motivated Accountant to join our finance team here at Blexr. The successful candidate will be assisting the Senior Accountant and the Revenue Analyst with month end processes and revenue recognition processes and report directly to the Senior Accountant.
- Checking and posting of purchase invoices;
- Contributing with month-end processes and reporting including closing of year preparation and processes, including the preparation of depreciation and accruals journals;
- Assisting with the preparation of bank reconciliations, when required;
- Assisting the Revenue Analyst with the revenue recognition process, particularly with partner back-end checking;
- Work closely with the Revenue Analyst to ensure invoicing to partners is timely and up-to-date;
- Work closely with the Senior Accountant and the Revenue Analyst to ensure smooth operation of all finance matters;
- Assisting in the reconciliation of general ledger account balances;
- Contribute with the preparation of management reports;
- Assistance with the preparation of VAT returns;
- Support the Revenue Analyst with correspondence with relevant stakeholders, both internal and external, regarding partners accounts, commission, outstanding debtor balances, partners’ payments, etc.;
- Assessing, implementing, and maintaining internal financial controls and procedures also review risk areas;
- Assist in the documentation of the finance processes and any changes therein;
- Assist with any bank applications required and relevant KYCs;
- Ensuring the accessibility of relevant KYCs always available;
- Liaising with auditors during year end audit;
- Support the finance department with any other tasks assigned as required.
- 3+ years experience in a similar role;
- Ideal applicants must have/be in the process of attaining an accounting qualification such as ACCA or equivalent;
- Excellent technical accounting skills;
- Basic understanding of VAT;
- Proficient in using Excel to convey information efficiently and effectively;
- Highly detail-oriented and organized;
- Problem solving skills;
- Able to work with tight deadlines;
- Collaborative worker
Benefits working at Blexr
- Company Pension Scheme (e.g. you give 8%, we give 10% up to a maximum)
- Remote Work & Wellbeing Budget*
- Personal Training and Development Budget*
- Spill Mental Health Platform
- Hardware of choice*
- Private Health Insurance*
- Life Insurance*
- Company Get Aways*
- Remote first with option for remote working space
We love all people, from all walks of life. This means Blexr is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of every race, religion or belief and ethnic origin, regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We don’t care where you’re from or who you love, we just want you to do your best work with us, so that together we can make things #betterwithblexr
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blexr provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blexr is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blexr
Gender diversity (male:female)
UK, Spain and Malta
What employees are saying
It's amazing to be a Blexarian, I have flexibility, autonomy, full trust and I always feel valued and appreciated