A little flex time
Let’s start with the important stuff… Why would you join Bippit?
There’s way more to a job at Bippit than just a salary - we know that. We also know that money is important and we want to be transparent so you’ll find our range below, followed by everything else we deem as Perks:
- Salary Range: £70k - £90k
- Shares in the business (if you don’t know what this means - check out our friends at Capdesks explanation) 📈
- Group Life Assurance with YuLife 🔒
- Annual Company Retreat ✈️
- Group Volunteering Projects with Matchable 🪵
- 24/7 Digital GP by HealthShield 📱
- Mental health support from Self Space 🧠
- Professional coaching by More Happi - access to life coaches as and when you need it 🗣️
- Enhanced Cash Plan for dental, optical, physio by HealthShield
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave - 13 weeks at full pay 👶
- Financial wellbeing support and 1:1 coaching (of course!) 💸
- Unlimited Annual Leave - we have a company wide target that everyone has to take at least 25 days off per year and you can take more than that to suit your work/life balance 🌴
- Plus 4 Wellbeing Days and a Day off for your birthday! 🎂
- Remote First environment - we have office space available for the whole team, and use it for planning, collaboration, and ad-hoc work, but we leverage remote working as our superpower for radical efficiency! 🏠
- Flexible Working - we’ve been Flexified, so you can trust that we’re a truly flexible workplace 🪢
Diversity and Culture at Bippit…
because it doesn't belong at the bottom of the page!
Our culture is defined by our team, and we recognise the strength derived from our differences. We look for people who are going to add to our culture, not clones of who we already have. This means:
- We strive to encourage and celebrate diversity and differences in our team & our views
- We listen to each other, respect everyone's needs and create an environment of belonging
- We are open & inclusive by default; we believe there is strength in honesty, transparency and authenticity.
Who are Bippit? What is our mission? 🚀
Financial wellbeing is more important than ever. We are in a climate where 60% of employees say financial matters are their #1 cause of stress, and financial concerns make employees 4x more likely to be clinically depressed.
Bippit is tackling financial wellbeing head on, by helping employees navigate the Cost of Living situation, deal with financial stress, and by supporting businesses, who are losing billions each year due to retention issues and employee engagement.
Thanks to Bippit, every single employee now has free access to 1:1 coaching from a qualified professional, and all the tools they need to manage their financial lives, so they feel less stressed, more secure, and more settled in their job.
So, what is our goal? 🎯
Bippit wants to provide everyone with guidance from a financial expert, no matter their situation, starting point, or bank balance.
We want to create a fairer society, where each of us has the tools and support we need to build a better financial future.
What you'll be doing as our Senior Engineer 💼
We're looking for our 2nd Engineer in the team, someone who is confident or excited to step into a Tech Lead position once established. You’ll be working directly with Bippit’s CTO, and will be responsible for developing Bippit’s platform to ensure that it is scalable and extensible as we continue to experience massive growth in customers and users.
You will work closely with the Senior Product Manager to define feasibility of features, and manage the wider development team in an agile development environment to meet the agreed deliverables. The technology you’ll be working on is very green, so you’ll be building things from scratch whilst having the support of the existing team and platform.
As part of your role, you will also be expected to build the infrastructure along with the applications that run on it, and will be expected to have experience, or familiarity with the following languages and technologies.
Microservice based infrastructure with Terraform, Nomad and Consul
- Infrastructure (AWS, DigitalOcean)
- Secret Management (Vault)
- Application programming (Rust, Java, PHP)
- Databases (Postgres, Redis)
- Authentication (JWT, Password Management)
- Data Pipelines and Storage (Airflow, Hevo, Snowflake)
- Data Visualization (Chartio, Redash, Mixpanel)
- Documentation (OAS)
How to be an excellent fit 🤓 (for the role, and a great addition to Bippit’s culture)
We’re building an open and inclusive culture at Bippit, where ownership, accountability, and getting your hands dirty is key to success, so we’re looking for someone who is relentless, motivated, self-sufficient, bold, creative, and passionate about making an impact.
If that sounds like you, then we’d love to talk to you about the experience or awareness you have with the following areas:
- ExBuilding and working with a development team
- Leading a development team with a shared goal
- Communicating with stakeholders
- Scaling an existing system
- Your experience or familiarity with the listed languages and technologies
This should go without saying but all applications are very much welcome. If you need any adjustments to support you with your application, just let us know now by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org in advance.
We asked employees of Bippit how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Bippit
What employees are saying
There's a real culture of care and wellbeing among the team. Everyone is treated fairly, and there is a lot of respect for the skills we each have, which extends to the autonomy we're given to do our best work.