What’s it all about?
The Treasury is the bank’s central hub through which its complex cash flows are managed, exposures to market movements are controlled, investment decisions are made and the trajectory of the business is steered such that it meets its regulatory requirements and delivers value to investors. The Treasury Analyst is also responsible for all of the bank’s activities in the Wholesale markets and is required to be a centre for control and excellence.
The Treasury Analyst assists in the day to day running of the bank, primarily ensuring compliance with regulatory and internal requirements for liquidity and interest rate risk, and provision of timely and accurate reporting to senior management of relevant risk exposures, and wider financial market conditions. In addition, the Treasury Analyst assists in the development and implementation of the banks Treasury management system. The role holder also assists in the preparation of papers for ALCO, Board and the Executive.
This role reports to the Senior Manager for Treasury ALM but engages regularly with senior management across the business, and Finance in particular.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…. (Different that’s for sure):
Day to day management of the bank’s balance sheet; including:
- External transaction execution
- Liquidity management
- Management of Atoms investment portfolio
- Interest rate risk management
- Systems maintenance and development
Assist in the production of monthly reporting and MI
Preparation of papers for Executive level committees including ALCO, PriceCo and Weekly Liquidity
Build excellent relationships with internal contacts from across the business
Develop relationships with investment banks
Provide insight into current market dynamics, particularly effecting the interest rate environment
Facilitate enhancements to liquidity and interest rate risk reporting.
What do we need from you?
- Degree level qualification
- Eagerness to learn
- Technical and analytical mindset
- Awareness of how financial markets operate
- Working accurately to tight timescales
- An excellent communicator: develops & maintains good working relationships with colleagues
- Efficient with Microsoft office (Excel, PowerPoint, etc)
What’s in it for you?
- 4 Day Working Week
- Flexible/hybrid working
- Annual Share Option – performance related
- Incredibly generous company pension scheme (maximum of 13% of Atom input – candidate can put in more)
- ‘All About Me’ fund: £200 per year to spend on personal development
- 22.5 days holidays + 8 statutory days (rising by half a day with every 2 years in the company)
- Private Medical Insurance for you and full family
- Health Cash Plan – expenses paid on Optical/Dental/other appointments/treatments
- Life Insurance – 4 times annual salary
- Critical illness cover – 1 x lump sum annual salary
- Cycle to work Scheme
- Continuous development – professional qualifications
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London