What’s it all about?
Atom’s Tech Delivery teams create new features that our customers love. We automate our internal processes, so our colleagues don’t have to do things manually. Our Tech Delivery teams are responsible for managing and delivering all change in Atom, technical & non-technical. We achieve this by bringing people with different skills together into cross-functional & highly performant teams, to guide us on our mission of making banking better for everyone!
Atom has aligned our Tech Delivery teams to business value streams covering Mortgages, Business Lending, Savings, Enterprise & Platform. As an Atom Technical Delivery Manager, you’ll lead the team responsible for all technical and non-technical change across a value stream. The team are also responsible for running all the technology for the value stream. We are committed to applying DevOps principles and practices in our journey to become an elite delivery organisation.
Our Delivery Managers work with our Commercial teams & Product Managers to understand and help build the business roadmap and product strategy. You will develop the value stream community and encourage a highly collaborative culture. You’ll provide coaching and create a continuous improvement environment within your value stream to deliver even better Change and Run outcomes.
What will your ‘typical’ day look like…
- Lead multiple Project Managers and Scrum Masters, who in turn lead the sub-stream teams
- Help your team deliver brilliant solutions for Atom’s customers, combining great technology and Agile/Lean/DevOps principles and practices to produce great outcomes. You will use your practical experience of technology and methodologies to guide your teams.
- Champion good practice with your Project Managers and Scrum Masters to support their ongoing improvement
- Work with your architecture team members to create a technology strategy
- Manage the Run/Opex and Change/Capex budgets for your team, working with Finance on forecasts and actuals
- Undertake effective stakeholder management to support achievement of the value stream outcomes, using Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Lead by example and at times be willing to roll up your sleeves and get involved in reviewing UX designs, testing software, architecture and code reviews, writing user stories, and editing technical documents
What do we need from you?
- Experience leading multiple delivery teams in a software engineering environment using DevOps principles and practices
- A hands-on technical background, e.g. software engineering, test engineering, technical architecture
- Be Delivery focused – deliver to commitments while ensuring quality
- Customer focused - create products that our customers and colleagues love
- Passion for technology and the latest trends
- Proven experience of successful Agile delivery
- Experience of delivering changes with a mix of staff and vendor augmentation
- Experience managing multiple senior stakeholders
- Expertise and experience in multiple delivery techniques, covering Agile for technology change and traditional methods for non-technology change
- Ideally, you possess a Delivery Methodology Certification including an Agile Certification.
We asked employees of Atom Bank how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Atom Bank
Gender diversity (male:female)
Durham & London