We’re here to rid the world of bad shopping experiences. It’s a bold aim, and one that needs both a dynamic team and a very different way of working. That’s why we want people who can weave their unique skills, experience and character into a global team that learns, shares, grows and succeeds together. Our people are all stewards of the business, helping us to win through care, commitment and conviction – and in return we open up a whole new world of flexibility around where, when and how you work. It’s an exciting time to be part of Amplience. We have new leadership, new goals and new opportunities. So let’s find out where you fit in… And if you’re still wondering what we actually do…
Amplience is the AI Content company that brings together data, performance insights and generative AI. We help 400+ of the world’s biggest brands, from Liberty and Mulberry, to Argos and Crate & Barrel, deliver persuasive content for every shopping context, fuelling truly personalized and connected experiences.
About the Tech We believe it’s important to use the right tool for the job so in our stack we have a variety of tools, languages, and frameworks.
Infrastructure | Amazon Web Services, CDK and Cloudformation
Compute | A mix of serverless, containers, and EC2 instances depending on the workload
Data | MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Solr, ElasticSearch , SQL
Languages | Java, TypeScript, Python, C++, Golang, Ruby
Here's what you'll do when you join
At a high level, we’re a SaaS product company and we build services that major retailer and high street brands rely on to create, manage, and serve their content online. That means we have some juicy engineering problems to solve. On the one hand building high performance, zero-downtime edge services that serve more that 4 exabytes of images, video and content each year, and on the other hand we have complex information management and coordination problems to solve so brands can plan and execute their campaigns quickly and reliably.
Our teams are distributed, cross-functional, and self-organising, and they’re responsible for planning, designing, building, testing, and deploying the services they work on. We believe in using the right tool for the job, so we have a variety of tech used in different situations, like Java, Typescript, Cassandra, MongoDB, DynamoDB, etc, all on AWS.
- Write clean, high quality code using practises like TDD, SOLID principles, and pair programming.
- Use Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code techniques to make building, deploying, and managing systems easier, faster, and less error prone.
- Learn, debate, and then apply the latest technology and techniques to solve serious engineering problems.
- Continuously seek to incrementally improve the tools, techniques, processes, and practices you use everyday.
- Help build cloud-native systems in AWS.
- Make sure our systems are reliable and scalable.
This is what we're looking for
We're looking for someone with commercial experience that has a deep passion for software engineering; someone who is excited to learn and someone who will be a great team player.
We would particularly love you to apply if:
- You have experience building highly-available, testable, cloud applications and services.
- You have strong knowledge of Java, Typescript, or other modern languages.
- You enjoy working in a team to solve problems together.
- You are eager to learn, try out new technologies and keen to share what you know.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Amplience provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Amplience is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Amplience
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, UK, Manchester, UK, North Carolina, USA