A little flex time
About Amplience At Amplience, we believe in freedom above all else. Freedom for brands to effortlessly create new content, freedom for retailers to do more with their content, and freedom for ourselves to continuously innovate.
More than 350 brands like GAP, GameStop, Ulta, Hobby Lobby, Crate & Barrel, and Traeger have adopted our headless CMS and DAM. With our platform, they create digital experiences that have faster performance, higher engagement, and increased sales.
About the TeamWe are a multi-talented engineering team organized into cross-functional remote-friendly squads dedicated to building highly scalable and reliable SaaS software to manage and deliver content at tremendous scale:
- billions of API requests every day
- over 400 million items of content
- more than 4 Exabytes of critical data delivered every year
Our company culture is informal, with a games room, board game nights, regular hackathons, weekly development lectures, and we take our caffeine consumption seriously. If you share our commitment to innovation, reliability, and a fun and collaborative work environment, then we invite you to join us at Amplience.
About the Tech We believe it’s important to use the right tool for the job so in our stack we have a variety of tools, languages, and frameworks.
Infrastructure | Amazon Web Services, CDK and Cloudformation
Compute | A mix of serverless, containers, and EC2 instances depending on the workload
Data | MongoDB, Cassandra, DynamoDB, Solr, ElasticSearch , SQL
Languages | Java, TypeScript, Python, C++, Golang, Ruby
Here's what you'll do when you join
You’ll work on some really juicy problems, with some great technology, and a bunch of smart, friendly people who are generous with their knowledge and time.
- Write clean, high quality code using practises like TDD, SOLID principles, and pair programming.
- Use Continuous Delivery and Infrastructure as Code techniques to make building, deploying, and managing systems easier, faster, and less error prone.
- Learn, debate, and then apply the latest technology and techniques to solve serious engineering problems.
- Continuously seek to incrementally improve the tools, techniques, processes, and practices you use everyday.
- Help build cloud-native systems in AWS.
- Make sure our systems are reliable and scalable.
This is what we're looking for
We're looking for someone with commercial experience that has a deep passion for software engineering; someone who is excited to learn and someone who will be a great team player.
We would particularly love you to apply if:
- You have experience building highly-available, testable, cloud applications and services.
- You have strong knowledge of Java, Typescript, or other modern languages.
- You enjoy working in a team to solve problems together.
- You are eager to learn, try out new technologies and keen to share what you know.
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working arrangements
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity & paternity policies
- Extra holidays once you've been with us for a while
- The option to purchase additional holidays
- Charity / volunteer days
- Life assurance policy
- Ride to work scheme
- Season ticket advance loans
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Amplience provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Amplience is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Amplience
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, UK, Manchester, UK
What employees are saying
"I think Agmplience has a great flexible working policy - it feels like we're measured on what we deliver, rather than how many hours, or which hours we work."
Anonymous Amplience Employee