Life as a Senior Product Designer (Design Systems) at Accurx
As a Product Designer at Accurx you get the opportunity, every day, to create experiences that improve the lives of patients, and the happiness of healthcare staff. It's a fulfilling role, one that's shaped by the close relationships we build with our users.
Why it's interesting joining the team today
- With amazing usage in primary care (~98% adoption) and closing a great series B funding round (£27.5m), we're in a really exciting position to innovate with our products. You'll have the opportunity to harness this momentum and make a significant contribution to what we do next.
- Now, more than ever, the health system needs support to provide effective care to patients. You can help solve this very real problem that impacts everyone.
- Whether through our in-house clinical leads, research calls, user support or regular site visits. We keep as close to our end-users as we can. You'll be practising genuine human-centred design day-to-day.
The team you’ll be joining...
You’ll be joining our dedicated Design System team, which was formed in October ‘23. This team are responsible for evolving and maintaining our fledgling Design System. Their goal is to enable product teams to produce consistent and accessible user experiences efficiently. To do this, the team aims to take a currently dispersed and immature Design System and grow it to be fully operational.
What does “fully operational” mean? 🤔
- It is being used by product teams to build real products
- It is high-quality - accessible and consistent
- It has a set of active stakeholders that are maintaining and growing it
What it's like to design with us...
The Design System team is currently made-up of a Senior Product Designer and a Staff Product Engineer, supported by the VP Engineering and Head of Design. Product Designers at Accurx work as embedded members of cross-functional teams. This means that for your team you are the Product Design expert. You have the autonomy, control and responsibility to provide anything and everything required from your field to help the team build what our users need. Of course, you're not alone. You'll also be part of the Product Design and wider UX function who'll always be there to provide support, share learnings and celebrate your achievements.
What the team say ...
”I’ve never felt more empowered as a Product Designer as I have since joining Accurx. We’re trusted to solve very real, large scale problems for the NHS which has a lasting impact on healthcare professionals and patients. Throughout it all we’re challenged, uplifted and supported by the strong teams around us.”
- Sam, navigation team, at Accurx since June ‘23
“It’s been amazing working as a Product Designer at Accurx. We work so collaboratively with different disciplines to better understand user needs and tackle challenging and interesting problems.”
- Yulee, inbox team, at Accurx since June ‘21
We'd really like to hear from you, if ...
- You have proven work experience leading the delivery of at least one Design System at scale
- You understand that creating a Design System is not solely about developing a set of design components; it involves cultural and procedural shifts
- You're comfortable with ambiguity and enjoy creating structure where there is none
- You can make significant contributions to the longer term strategy for the Design System team as well as the sequential shorter term goals and objectives to achieve it
- You can establish yourself as an expert and evangelise for the Design Systems through frequent and effective idea sharing, communication, and storytelling
- You can define benchmarks and success metrics for the Design System in terms of adoption and usage
- You have strong technical understanding and work very effectively with engineering team mates
- You enjoy bringing people together and establishing collaborative ways of working
- You love working with design team mates to enact a contribution and feedback model that results in high-quality user interfaces and a thoughtfully evolving Design System
- You have experience designing for accessibility
- You're constantly evaluating the correct tools for the job of building and socialising a Design System
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits package:
💰 £70,000 - £85,000 salary + the value of £31,500 share options
🤝 Access to Happl - a flexible benefits provider with a given budget of £600 to spend on perks of your choice. Options include private health insurance, wellness providers and more.
📚 Allocated annual learning & development budget
🐣 Enhanced parental leave policy
🙏 Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
🗣 In house therapists available daily
🌴 Working abroad policy
👩🍳We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
...And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers. 🙌
Like the sound of this role and want to know more about the company? Here's more about us...
We’re a fast-growing healthcare technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our candidate hub. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
We asked employees of Accurx how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B