At Accurx, we're on a mission to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. 💚
Who are Accurx? 🤔
We’re a fast-growing healthcare technology company which makes it easier for patients and healthcare teams to communicate.
Accurx is where conversations happen with and about patients. Our software helps doctors, nurses, pharmacists, administrators and other professionals to seamlessly connect with both patients and each other.
Our mission is simple: everything we do is to make patients healthier and healthcare staff happier. Today, Accurx is used in 98% of GP practices nationwide and every day more healthcare professionals are using our software in hospitals, pharmacies, care homes and the community.
We’re passionate about staying close to our users, which is why everyone at Accurx visits a GP practice at least twice a quarter to understand how a practice runs, the difficulties they face with technologies and how we can help.
Although we’ve initially tackled the UK healthcare system, we have big ambitions to improve healthcare systems across the world in the future. If you want to hear from some of our Accufolk about what it's like to work for us, take a look at a video from our 2023 summer conference!🤩
Life as a Communications Manager at Accurx
At Accurx, we are on a mission to become the go-to trusted communication platform across the entire healthcare system. We've had considerable growth in primary care over the past seven years, and are now trying to do the same in secondary care, so that everyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other and the patient across the NHS.
The Comms Team at Accurx has grown from strength to strength over the past few years, expanding in size and supporting the business in increasingly impactful ways. We are now looking to add a Communications Manager to the team, so that we can help spearhead Accurx’s growth even further.
Reporting directly into our Communications Lead, this role will play a key role in helping to deliver the communications strategy that builds Accurx's long-term reputation. You will do this through finding opportunities to tell Accurx’s story across a range of channels, through thought-leadership content, integrated campaigns, press stories and events.
- You will develop and implement communication strategies, that are aligned with Accurx's long-term goals.
- You’ll be tasked with storytelling and content creation, proactively spotting opportunity opportunities to commission or create high quality content that communicates Accurx’s mission, values and achievements, including blog posts, press releases, whitepapers and award applications.
- You’ll position Accurx as an industry leader through strategic thought leadership content, identifying thought leadership opportunities that align to strategic themes through a variety of content types in areas that matter to our audiences.
- You’ll produce integrated campaigns, helping to develop and execute integrated, multi-channel communications campaigns that support specific objectives.
- You’ll manage media relations, cultivating and maintaining relationships with journalists and pitching stories, arranging interviews, and securing media coverage to enhance Accurx's visibility.
- Working with the Events Manager, you’ll identify relevant opportunities for Accurx senior leaders to speak at events, crafting compelling speaking sessions for Accurx spokespeople.
- You’ll act as a champion and go-to expert for Comms and PR across the business, forging strong stakeholder engagement across a variety of functions helping them to reach their goals.
What the team say...
“Accurx is in such a unique position in the market, since a lot of what we’re trying to do hasn’t been done before. Comms therefore has an important role in communicating this to our audiences, in order to tell our story and differentiate ourselves. It’s an exciting time to join a growing marketing function where you can really have an impact.” Georgia Polkey, Communications Lead
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- You have experience working within a healthcare or science industry and understand the intricacies of the NHS
- You have proven success working in PR & Communications, whether that be in-house or agency
- You have strong writing skills, able to understand the requirements of a variety of communications audiences with the ability to adapt your style accordingly to create compelling content for all stages of the marketing funnel
- You have a strong track record of working with the media and understanding of what makes a compelling story
- You’re proactive - able to take an idea from inception through to planning, execution, and evaluation with little oversight and guidance
- You have excellent attention to detail - you’ll be managing multiple end-to-end projects, working closely with other teams and colleagues
- You’ll be creative and enjoy the challenge of coming up with new ideas for different campaigns
- You are comfortable working in a fast moving environment with lots of moving pieces and changeable parts
- You're mission-driven: you care about positively impacting the lives of millions.
- You’re always collaborating: you place team success over personal success and you enjoy working in an open, collaborative environment.
- You demonstrate responsible ownership: when you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You seek continuous improvement: you’re always developing new skills and insights, while exploring ways to do things better
- You’re mindful of balance: you're conscious of your own health and that of others. You think carefully about how best to focus your efforts, knowing when to push yourself to reach a goal.
Salary & Benefits package:
- £45,000 - £65,000 salary + the value of £31,500 share options
- £1,000 annual learning & development budget and a £500 annual wellness budget
- Enhanced parental leave policy
- Prayer, meditation and breastfeeding room
- In house therapists available daily
- Working abroad policy
- We have our very own Chef! Free healthy breakfasts, snacks and lunches will be provided, with the occasional sweet treat!
- And much more.
Diversity & Inclusion
Accurx is committed to being an inclusive employer - you can find out more about this commitment here. As part of this, we’re glad to accommodate candidates who need adjustments throughout the interview process.
We work in partnership with Stonewall as part of their Diversity Champions program. This is because we believe in a world where all LGBTQ+ people are free to be themselves and can live their lives to the full. Inclusive workplaces have a huge part to play in making this world a reality. 🏳🌈
We've officially been accredited as a flexible workplace by Flexa® Careers. 🙌
Remote Working? 🏡
We offer the team the option to work from home 2 days a week. Read more about our policy here.
Want to do a little more research before you apply? 📖
Head over to our main careers page to find out more about the team and our candidate hub. You can also find out more about us on Medium, LinkedIn and Twitter & Instagram.
Our YouTube channel is full of demos of our product, webinars we have held with our users and some clips about life at Accurx.
We asked employees of Accurx how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Accurx
Gender diversity (male:female)
45% Male : 55% Women
Liverpool Street, London
£36m in Series A & B