Fully flexible hours
Life at Elvie - Meaningful work. Exceptional people
We're Elvie. We create smart products, new solutions, and a fair few taboo-busting conversations while we’re at it. Founded by Tania Boler in 2013, we develop extraordinary innovations designed to improve women’s lives. It's a fascinating and challenging area that requires us to solve problems that no one else has ever tackled before.
At Elvie, you’ll be surrounded by people who want to improve everything and everyone around them. People who are passionate about our mission. People who are driven to solve problems and constantly consider the best ways to improve the health and wellbeing of women.
Find out more about life at Elvie here.
We're deeply proud of our values, which are intrinsic to the way we behave every day. We take them seriously because we want our culture to thrive:
- We make an impact: We’re mission-driven and not afraid to break boundaries. We relentlessly focus on going the extra mile to solve problems.
- We’re fearless innovators: We are passionate, curious, and data-driven. We continuously embrace change and innovation.
- We’re in it together: we fail and learn fast — always as one team — and have fun along the way. We stay authentic and embrace our differences.
About the role:
Okay, we’ve waffled long enough. So let’s get to the good bit: You.
We are looking for a high performing Senior Contract Manufacturing Manager who is capable of delivering reliable and cost effective execution of the supply plan as well as long range strategic planning of the supply network to support the continued growth of Elvie.
The successful candidate will need to be disciplined in their approach, have an eye for detail and ability to deal with changing and conflicting priorities. You will understand the need to foster strong, long term partnerships with our contract manufacturing partners and the balance required to deliver this alongside the day to day operational needs of the business.
Location: Hybrid working; a mix of working from our Bristol office & working remotely
Employment type: Permanent (please note, you must have the right to work in the UK)
What you’ll be doing in this role
The Senior Contract Manufacturing Manager will be accountable for the effectiveness of all Tier 1 Contract Manufacturing partners and will be responsible for delivery of the following:
Supply Plan Execution:
- Work with the Planning and Procurement functions to establish manufacturing constraints to aid the creation of the constrained supply plan
- Management and oversight of PO placement to contract manufacturing partners
- Daily & weekly management of supply plans to ensure reliable and cost effective execution. Lead Clear to Build (CTB) activities, ensuring manufacturers have robust processes in place
- Proactive management of supply & capacity risks - identification of high risk components and processes - execution of mitigation plans, utilising relevant functions where required (e.g. design engineering, manufacturing engineering, procurement, quality, cost engineering)
- In collaboration with the Head of Manufacturing, utilise product roadmap and regional sales strategy plans to develop the medium/long term manufacturing strategy, identifying the type of manufacturers, scope of supply and regions that will be utilised
- Execution of agreed manufacturing strategy
- Establish and document supplier / selection criteria ahead of RFP/RFQ release
- Actively work alongside Procurement, Operations Quality and Finance teams in the assessment of suppliers
- Act as a key stakeholder in the selection of new suppliers, scope of supply authorised and award of new business
- Responsible for successful onboarding of new suppliers ensuring clarity of expectations and alignment of objectives
Supplier Relationship & Performance Management:
- Lead ongoing contract and cost negotiations
- Key stakeholder in the setting of performance targets
- Day to day monitoring of results, alongside the Operations Quality teams
- Lead Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR’s)
- Ongoing review of supply base effectiveness and identification of development opportunities
- Management of the supplier relationships, ensuring an effective partnership is maintained
- In depth knowledge and background in electromechanical assembly operations (ideally having run similar operations)
- Ability to own supplier relationships
- Solid foundation in sourcing and supply chain management
- Demonstrable experience of creating and successfully executing medium-to-long range strategy plans
- Ability to see the bigger picture when managing supplier relationships
- Exceptional communicator & skilled negotiator
- Disciplined & detailed - nothing gets missed
- An ability to set expectations and stay calm and positive under pressure
- Line management experience
We're on an exceptional journey. And we can offer you a genuinely purpose-led career with a culture built on trust, autonomy, and flexibility. In addition, we'll give you:
- Lots of flexibility: whether it’s working from home, doing the school run, or life admin, we understand that flexibility is essential, and we trust you to do the right thing for you and us
- Share options: we want everyone to have a stake in our success
- An annual discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays
- 3 additional Elvie “in it together” bank holidays for 2022
- 8 extra life leave days; getting married, moving house, menopause or just things that you can’t put a label on that matter to you
- 5=10 leave: 10 days’ additional leave on your 5th and 10th years of service!
- £100 contribution to your home working set up to spend as you see fit
- An annual personal development allowance of £200 and unlimited access to our learning and development platform, Learnerbly
- Generous parental leave policies; maternity, paternity/partner, shared & adoption
- Healthcare plans, life insurance, and an employee assistance program for you and your family
- A tax-efficient group pension scheme
- Group income protection; protect your salary if you get sick
- A free Elvie trainer for you to keep or give away when you join
- Generous employee and friends & family discounts on Elvie products
- Wellbeing support from YuLife and access to SmartHealth app with unlimited GP appointments for you and your family, plus various well-being initiatives throughout the year
- Lovely offices in great locations, with drinks and snacks provided, along with fun social events
What you can expect after you’ve applied:
A member of our recruitment team will reach out to you after they have reviewed your application. You must ensure your application is completed correctly, and we strongly encourage you to add a cover letter or note to let us know why Elvie’s the right fit for you.
We would like to get to know you through your background, attitude, experience and understand your motivation to work with us. Our interview process varies depending on the position, but it typically looks like this:
- 20-minute video call with one of our recruiters
- 30-45 minute video call with the hiring manager
- 45-60 minute video interview with the team (some positions may require you to complete a task/presentation)
- For some positions, there may be an additional interview with one of senior our leadership team
This is undoubtedly a great time to join Elvie. You’ll have a voice, make an impact, and have the opportunity to mould your role. So be ready to learn, have fun, and be inspired by our passionate, talented team — and having a sense of humor helps too. 😉
We can’t wait to hear from you!