From disruption management to hyper-personalised pre-departure communications and mobile boarding passes, these notifications are sent to passengers via SMS, WhatsApp and Voice. These channels are key income streams for 15below and we’re looking for a commercially-minded data whiz to own and grow this transactional income.
With exciting ideas for the future, it’s time for us to expand our growing team and we’re hoping you are who we’re looking for. This is a brand new role at 15below and so this is a fantastic opportunity to use your knowledge and expertise to shape the role and make a real impact.
We make journeys easier and more enjoyable by giving our customers and their passengers a stronger sense of control. We build the technology to help our customers stay connected with their passengers at every stage of their journey.
Established in 2000, we have since grown to become one of the travel industry’s major suppliers of passenger messaging solutions. More than 50 airlines, rail and travel management companies, including British Airways, CWT, Qantas, Ryanair and JetBlue use our notifications platform.
As part of this role, you will be responsible for maximising the financial performance of our transactional income stream, which at 15below includes channels such as SMS, WhatsApp and Voice. Responsibilities will include:
- Extensive data analysis to define pricing structures for existing and new customers depending on their particular volumes, markets and characteristics
- Modelling company transactional income to provide baseline and forecast revenues
- Owning the relationship with all transactional suppliers, including engaging with new suppliers (RFP assessment, contract review etc) and negotiating pricing for both on-going and specific cases
- Managing supplier pricing, including maintaining and updating the platform rates
- Proactively assessing and providing guidance on potential price changes to 15below customers as a result of supplier price change
- Being the link with Finance, Business Development and Product for all items relating to transactional income and costs, including identifying future transactional product ideas and enhancements.
- Developing and maintaining suitable analysis and process tools to monitor and inform the performance of customer transactional pricing (SMS, WhatsApp, Voice)
- Generating and developing relevant KPIs to report and track volume, revenue, pricing and margin analysis by customer and supplier
Measurements of success in this role:
- Accurately forecasting transactional traffic in volume and revenue terms
- Growing transactional traffic in line with targets
- Maintenance or improvement of gross profit performance in the transactional income stream
- Strong, collaborative working relationships across all teams
- Building and maintaining working relationships with key transactional channel suppliers.
Our culture is at the heart of what we do every day, and travel is part of that too, that’s why we’re proud to live by our values.
Flying high: yet still climbing
We know our stuff and are happy to share our knowledge and expertise. We pride ourselves on being at the top of our game and strive to keep learning.
People are our passport to success: they're at the heart of everything we do
We develop strong relationships built on trust and respect, and always do the right thing by each other and our customers.
Accelerating forward: embracing change, challenge and growth
Whether it's for ourselves, our colleagues or our customers, we are always looking for ways to improve and to grow. We're not afraid to challenge the status quo and drive change with enthusiasm.
All inclusive*: we're a strong, collaborative community
We share the same vision; to make 15below the best it can be. We pull together to make it a reality, look out for each other along the way and make sure everyone's voice is heard.
Enjoy the journey: bringing fun and positivity to everything we do
We're proud and passionate to be part of the 15below family, and never take ourselves too seriously. Having fun is really important to us.
* We are committed to maintaining our welcoming and open culture where differences are embraced. We know that some people are hesitant to apply for roles unless they tick every box, but if you’re excited about this role and your experience doesn’t fully align, we encourage you to apply anyway. You might be the right person for this or other roles.
What kind of person you are:
- Excellent data analysis skills
- Strong commercial understanding and the ability to identify data-led opportunities and efficiencies
- Experience in a similar transactional analysis role
- A passion for the travel industry
- Excellent attention to detail
- Organisational skills, with the ability to take on multiple duties
- A great communicator at all levels of a business
Skills to impress:
- Excel based forecast revenue modelling superpowers
- Experience working with mobile networks and aggregators in a B2B world (especially software)
- Transactional revenue modelling experience
- Dealing with multi-currencies, volume tiers, different customer types, global reach etc. to build complex models
Work is a big part of life, so it has to be motivating and enjoyable. This job is about empowering you to do the work you do best and be part of a fantastic team.
- 25 days annual holiday (increasing with service)
- Flexible public holidays
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- 5% employer pension contribution and salary sacrifice scheme
- Perkbox retail freebies and discounts
- £1,600 IT budget
- Fortnightly knowledge-sharing ‘DevEds’
- Friday ‘wind downs’ and company social events
- Flexible benefits (tech/mobile/holiday/bike schemes and season ticket loans)
We’re certified with Flexa, making us a ‘truly flexible employer’. Flexibility is part of our culture and if you’d like to know more about this then take a look at our Flexa profile
Wellbeing is very important to us and so we have a brilliant and holistic programme in place to support with everyone's home and work life. We’ve got lots of fantastic resources, practical guidance, and engaging sessions to help with mental, physical, and financial wellbeing.
Salary: Up to £45,000 per year
Location: We are offering truly flexible working options so you can decide whether you want to work from home, from our central Brighton office or a bit of both (within the UK).
Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
Please note that we review applications as they are received, so please don't delay submitting your CV!
We asked employees of 15below how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at 15below
Gender diversity (male:female:non-binary)
What employees are saying
15below are by far the most flexible company I've ever worked for. The company understands why it's important to have a work/life balance and a comfortable environment to work in, and everyone goes above and beyond to ensure employees are happy, motivated and fulfilled in their career.