Who we are
We are Kairos, an award-winning team of over 100 social natives, with offices across London, Manchester and New York.
Founded by our ‘30 under 30 co-founders’ we are specialists in digital marketing, experts in social media and gamers at heart, but that hasn’t stopped us from working with the biggest non-gaming brands in the world helping them to reach their audiences in creative and innovative ways, powered by social media.
Samsung, KFC, PepsiCo, Epic Games, Activision, KFC, JBL, Pizza Hut, Cetaphil: these are just some of the brands we work with daily and we need creative, strategic, data-led individuals to help shape award-winning campaigns that keep them coming back for more!
Kairos operate a hybrid culture in our London office, as we understand the value of both home and in-office working. We expect office attendance at our Holborn base at least 2 days per work to allow for effective teamwork and collaboration with your peers.
With continued growth across social creative, influencer marketing, and digital creative we’re now on the lookout for a Creative Director to help take our creative offering to the next level. As our CD you must be an expert in bringing all aspects of creative to life across copywriting, creative ideation and design for our clients spanning across tech, gaming and fintech.
The CD will play a pivotal role in working directly with clients to help realise their creative aspirations as well as helping to advocate for Kairos and our creative capabilities.
You are responsible for:
- Understanding our clients inside out to be able to unpick and validate their briefs.
- Identify new opportunities to upsell wider services to our clients.
- Lead the design & creative direction on pitches
- Inspire business leaders both internal and external to invest in creative
- Develop processes and ways of working to inspire creativity and solve briefs
- Hold the team to the highest standards to ensure Kairos establishes a name for itself as a creative powerhouse.
- Attend, lead, participate in design sessions, creative sessions and workshops.
- Build and maintain relationships with core clients.
- Understand and have meaningful contribution to the commercial success of the business.
- Working with our delivery and projects teams to establish priorities and workflows
- Partner with our delivery teams to help shaping costings for activity
- Act as a mentor to future leaders of the business
- Grow the design, content and creative teams in response to client needs/changes.
- 10+ years of experience in creative-led roles within agencies
- An in-depth experience and knowledge of social media, social platforms and the influencer marketing landscape are essential for this role
- The ability to manage multiple teams and projects simultaneously across ideation, video, production and design
- Someone who truly gives a shit about great, award-winning work and wants to take a seat at the top table of one of the fastest-growing agencies in the space
So, planning on being a Creative Director? Here’s the plan
Our process focuses on assessing a variety of skill sets and helps you and us to understand if the right decision is made on both sides. When we bring someone into the team we want to work with them for years, so the interview process is particularly important to us.
Stage One (30 mins) with Talent Acquisition.
Let’s get to know each other.
An informal chat with TA, firstly giving you the opportunity to ask questions about the role and find out more about the business, then we’ll ask you three or more questions.
- Why do you want to work for Kairos?
- Why do you think you’re right for this role?
- What was your biggest challenge and biggest success in your previous role?
Stage Two (30 minutes - Virtual) (hiring manager)
Let’s get serious for a second.
An interview in front of one or sometimes two Kairos teammates. This stage will focus on your skillset, and ability to deliver the work and we’ll ask questions about your specific experience aligned to the role. Some questions you may be asked are:
- Thinking about a time when you had a challenging perspective from a client that countered what your data/insights were suggesting, how were you able to address this to achieve a meaningful outcome?
- When it comes to team management, what do you feel is the most important factor when motivating and engaging a team of strategists?
- Tell us about a project that you’ve worked on, what was the brief, what was the process, and what was the outcome?
Stage Three (One hour - face-to-face is ideal, this is a hybrid role)
The Big One - Depending on the role and level.
A task and presentation in front of all three people from Stage One & Two. We use this task to understand core competencies:
- Ability to pitch and your professional communication style.
- Ability to create pitch decks / communicate your ideas visually.
- Understanding of your creative ability, we’ll provide you with a cool brief don’t worry.
If you’re not successful at this stage we’ll commit to providing full detailed feedback, explaining why we’ve moved forward with someone else.
- 36 days holiday per year, including a 10 day block "reset", Christmas closure and birthday day off.
- Subsidised bespoke benefits package giving you access to benefits you want (Childcare, enhanced pension, healthcare, gym, Netflix, Deliveroo, you name it, it's on there)
- Mental Health partnership with Lifeworks giving you access to therapy and counselling, and your immediate family access to a huge range of resources.
- Access to Vitality healthcare for health insurance support
- Enhanced Maternity & Paternity policy as well as enhanced policies for same-sex and non-binary couples.
- Enhanced compassionate leave so you can truly take the time you need.
- Flexible working hours giving you an earlier start for an earlier finish or later start for a later finish.
- Company away days!
- Community days - we give you time off to go support a cause you believe in!
- Plenty of clubs/societies - and if we don't have something that suits then you can always suggest it.
- Holiday office closure & additional time off for religious holidays
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Kairos Group provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Kairos Group is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Kairos Group
Gender diversity (male:female)
M: 64% F:35% NB: 1%
London, Manchester, New York