We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re writing the next chapter in our story. Our strategy is to build some of the best products in the iGaming industry, innovating and creating experiences to move the industry forward and be the champion of a better game.
We want to do that by hiring amazing talent, like you, who will take us to the next level, building and creating a company and products that we are proud of. Expanding our horizons, learning and growing and reaching that next step in our journey together. It’s important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
Blexr’s culture has 4 core values that help guide us on our journey: No Limits, Eyes on the prize, Stay True and Better Together. Each one brought to life from within the company and used every day to guide our decisions and actions.
If this sounds good to you, then we want to talk to you. We want to work with incredible people that want to do incredible things and we are certain that your career will be Better with Blexr.
We consider ourselves experts in the field of lead generation. We use this digital marketing expertise to connect our users with exactly what they’re looking for, whether that’s a great casino or a top sportsbook.
Our main aim is to help people make better decisions online. We achieve this by spending a lot of time listening to our site visitors, understanding what they want and then giving it to them.
We’ve been around since 2015 and have had a lot of success in that time, along with a few useful failures. Now we’re ready for the next chapter in our story. The future will see a more mature Blexr work remotely to break into the league of top five players in the iGaming affiliation industry. We want to do that by hiring more experts, who will take us to the next levels we aspire to and who will look after our people along the way. This is important to us because if our people don’t grow, then neither will Blexr.
We’ve thought about our challenges and know what they are. Increasing our revenue, maintaining our culture among our remote workers, organising our leadership team better and improving worker retention are some of our main ones. We’re tackling them head on and hope you’ll want to be written into these exciting new pages of our history.
The Blexr Culture
We have a clear vision and identity, combining it with honest leadership and collaboration. Happy Blexrians work better together and produce amazing stuff. We want them to feel good about being part of our family.
We all want a good work/life balance and your well-being is our priority. That’s why we let you choose how and where you get stuff done – we’re as flexible in how we work as we are in how we think.
We’re forward-thinking and growth-oriented, so we take errors with a pinch of salt. For us, making mistakes is part of the creative process. We want you to learn from your failures and grow from them. Blexrians are insight driven, we embrace change, remain flexible and have an Agile mindset in the way we work.
Our company values are very important to us, and our four core values especially so. We trust each other, show transparency in what we do, have accountability for our actions and embrace a growth mindset as we all pull together to lift Blexr to even greater heights.
About the role
DevOps within Blexr isn’t just part of your title - its about being a champion for a way of working. A highly collaborative way of working that will see you embedded directly with the team - working towards common goals for a product. Our product focused teams are cross functional, empowered and aligned against common goals. As a champion of DevOps you’ll be focused on enabling teams to quickly build, deploy, iterate and understand the performance of their products at scale. You’ll bring your deep knowledge of cloud infrastructure, modern CI/CD practices, infrastructure as code, and passion for your practice to ensure your team is set up to deliver as seamlessly as possible.
Every day you’ll apply our three DevOps pillars of Safety, Empowerment and Pace, and be part of a culture that lets teams take creative and collaborative approaches together to create best in class customer experiences.
- Champion of DevOps as a way of working, working as part of a wider cross-functional team that enables the success of everyone involved
- Take ownership over the stacks that you’re responsible for, ensuring that they’re fit for purpose and meet the needs of the team and the customer
- Participate in a wider DevOps chapter that embraces best practice, drives alignment and efficiency and challenges each other to raise the bar
- Able to translate the needs of your team into pragmatic, actionable designs and approaches that can deliver value in an early and iterative fashion.
- Act as a technical authority across Cloud (primarily AWS), Security, Monitoring, Reliability, Performance and Scalability
- Be able to design, optimise and manage your stack from CDN to Datastore - and empower those around you to make the best use of these technologies
- Apply an approach of continuous improvement - owning issues from start to finish, and implementing improvements to prevent them in the future
- Apply best practice automation and X-as code techniques both in your day to day work, through deployments and to enable efficiency across your team
- Several years of working in a Cloud Infrastructure, “DevOps” or similar role
- A champion of your practice and agile manifesto principles
- Curious mindset - always looking for new and interesting ways to solve technical challenges
- Strong understanding of different automation technologies and techniques - including Terraform, Ansible and others
- Good understanding of a range of different stacks/architectures, with a focus on customer facing web stacks
- Clear understanding of best practice principles for cloud infrastructure - particularly AWS
- Strong communicator, able to make difficult concepts accessible to non-technical audiences and align teams against your ideas
- Able to create great documentation and diagrams that teams love to reference
- Strong experience with monitoring and observability tools
- Fluent in English
We’d love to see
- AWS Certifications are a distinct advantage in this role.
- History of operating in Build-Own-Run environments
Where can you be?
- This role is full remote, open to individuals based in Malta, United Kingdom, Spain and Portugal
We love all people, from all walks of life. This means Blexr is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to people of every race, religion or belief and ethnic origin, regardless of age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We don’t care where you’re from or who you love, we just want you to do your best work with us, so that together we can make things #betterwithblexr
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Blexr provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Blexr is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Blexr
Gender diversity (male:female)
Spain, UK and Malta
What employees are saying
It's amazing to be a Blexarian, I have flexibility, autonomy, full trust and I always feel valued and appreciated