Whereabouts: We are full-remote, global and hours agnostic! Please be aware that many of our team are based in Europe. This means will generally need to have at least 3 hours of work cross-over with CET and GMT. Read more about our approach to Remote working here.Interviews: Around 4 hours over a few weeks, including some paid practical workSalary: Starting* at £17 per hour globally and $23 for US candidates // Standard 10 hours per weekAsk us anything: email@example.com
🌏 What Whereby is all aboutCreated with Scandinavian simplicity at heart, Whereby is a remote-first video meetings company with a vision of a world where anywhere works.
We believe in everyone. We see our differences as a strength; it’s this philosophy that drives us towards our mission. This means we see your unique history as having a value money cannot buy; we believe in the strength of every intersection of race, religion or belief, ethnic origin, different physical ability, family structure, socio-economics, age, nationality or citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity.
🔍 What we're looking forWe are looking for three customer support agents to support our Whereby meetings product. This role will be around 10 hours per week, fully remote. You will be working as a consult for the team, rostered on flexible hours around your commitments and life. The kind of person who would do well in the role is someone who is looking for some supplementary income and likes working in a team environment but fully remotely.
⚒️ The nuts and bolts of the role** Please do not see everything in this job ad as "must have", but rather a guiding list of what we're looking for. We know that no candidate will be the perfect match for all we've mentioned in this posting, so don't be afraid to apply if you feel you're close to the brief but not "spot on"
Characteristics of someone that will do well in this role
- You approach every customer interaction with empathy and care
- You're comfortable interacting with customers from all nationalities, cultures, and walks of life
- You have solid typing skills, and bring an authentic, human tone to your written communication
- You've worked remotely in the past in some capacity, and understand the pros and cons of working in a distributed team
- You're a problem solver by nature, and aren't afraid to seek out answers or solutions independently
- You keep a keen eye out for ways to improve customer experience and outcomes
Scope of your work
- Answering Tier 1 customer support from our free and pro customers
- Assisting in improving customer support processes such as adding new tags, templates, and workflows
- Documenting and sharing customer feedback on improvements and feature requests
- Collaborating with our Tier 2 and 3 support teams when escalating complex or technical issues is required
- Getting involved in Whereby's social and cultural ways of working
Day-to-day of your role
- Responding to around 20 customer queries per day (depending on working time), ranging from troubleshooting problems, managing customer accounts and subscriptions, and helping customers understand how to get the most out of Whereby
- Joining support meetings and discussions around recurring issues and solutions
- Helping our team find new ways of offering support, such as introducing new tagging and templates
- Identifying customer feedback or issues that need to be shared with the team
How we will measure your success
- Volume of tickets answered
- Quality of responses
- Number of replies per resolve
- Customer Satisfaction rating
You've read all this way... you may as well apply! 🙌
If you have any more questions, take a peek at our Recruitment FAQ on Notion or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can always read more about Whereby here on our open handbook.
Background checking: We perform background checks on certain roles. For more information about how and why we carry out background checks, this document is a great starting point. For anything further, please email email@example.com or your Talent Partner. Whereby’s background checks will be carried out by Zinc.
Legitimate posting: If you aren’t seeing this role advertised on https://jobs.lever.co/whereby the role is likely closed for new applications. Unfortunately, we are not always in control of where our roles are posted as many websites post our roles without our express consent. For this reason, you may be reading out of date information - we are so sorry about that. Our careers team is always on hand to answer questions, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Whereby provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Whereby is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Whereby
Gender diversity (male:female)
What employees are saying
'Most of the options are already in place – flexibility is built into most policies and the culture, so it's been great to see how people thrive and find their own way in their respective roles!"
Anonymous Copywriter at Whereby