Who we are
Our team is at the forefront of developing autonomous vehicles using cutting-edge technology such as deep learning, computer vision, and reinforcement learning. We are a fast-growing company with a multi-national, world-class research team working on building a better future for self-driving cars.
Our approach to building autonomous vehicles is unique, we don't believe in telling an algorithm how to drive through hand-coded rules and expensive HD maps. Instead, we believe that using experience and data will allow our algorithms to be more intelligent, capable of easily adapting to new environments.
Our goal is to be the first to deploy autonomous vehicles in 100 cities across the world, bringing autonomy to everyone, everywhere.
Where you will have an impact
We’re looking for experienced and motivated individuals to join our journey in developing next-generation autonomous vehicles. As a senior technical contributor, you will work closely with other technical leaders and engineering teams in the Robot Software group to develop high performance and scalable software solutions for our AV system stack. In this hands- on, high-profile role you will have the opportunity to drive technical excellence and contribute to the development of the software infrastructure on the most advanced on-board AI compute technology.
As a Principal Software Engineer you will:
- Design and develop production-quality software solutions for high data throughput and low latency applications.
- Provide technical direction and contribute to the software architecture of our compute and data collection systems.
- Design software interfaces for optimal hardware utilisation to enable our high-end AI compute platform to run reliably.
- Advocate for engineering best practices and drive coding standards.
- Mentor other engineers and champion best SDLC practices across our Software Engineering groups.
What you will bring to Wayve
- In-depth knowledge in system languages (e.g. C++, Rust) and modern concurrent programming.
- Passionate about shipping code to production.
- Strong knowledge on software development processes and release and deployment methods for large scale systems.
- Strong understanding of Linux OS concepts and build systems.
- Experienced in architectural patterns that enable observability and monitoring.
- Great communication skills and ability to work across engineering teams.
What we offer you
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A dynamic and fast-paced work environment
- The opportunity to shape the future of autonomous driving and tackle the biggest challenges of our time
- Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in London. If your role is possible to do remotely, we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built by people from all walks of life. We believe that it is our differences that make us stronger, and our unique perspectives and backgrounds that allow us to build something different. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace, where we don’t just embrace diversity but nurture it - so that we all thrive and grow.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California
What employees are saying
"I have never worked at a company where I felt so supported in structuring my work day (working hours as well as working locations) in exactly the way which works best for me and maximizes my productivity. The more flexibility and trust I am given, the better I feel like my output is as it feels more like working because I genuinely want to work and produce good results instead of working because I have to. I also love how much Wayve cares about work-life balance, as it is a very crucial aspect of my job for me. For me, Wayve has created an amazing work environment which makes me feel encouraged and supported in really striving to do my best work while establishing healthy work life boundaries."
More roles at Wayve
- Principal Research Engineer
- Applied Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Director of Science
- Engineering Manager
- Senior GPU Performance Engineer
- Principal Research Engineer
- Principal Scientist
- Autonomous Vehicle Safety Operator
- Autonomous Vehicle Technician
- Internal Communications Manager
- Field Engineer, Field Engineering
- Software Engineer, Safety
- Senior Software Engineer, ML platform
- Senior Platform Engineer, ML platform
- Senior Software Engineer, Simulation at Scale
- Lead QA and Release Engineer, Simulation
- Director, Automotive Partnerships
- Global Supply Manager, Hardware
- Senior Software Systems Engineer, Autonomous Platforms
- Mechanical Engineer, Autonomous Platforms
- Senior Software Engineer - Full Stack