Who are we?
We’re building artificial intelligence capable of complex driving using end-to-end deep learning; one which can scale across diverse urban environments. Wayve is building a full driving software system which is data-driven at every layer, learning to drive. Our unique end-to-end machine learning approach learns to drive in complex, never-seen-before urban environments. We learn to drive with computer vision by both observing human driving, and by using reinforcement learning.
This is one of the world’s hardest and most impactful problems to solve. Which is why we’re building a diverse, world-class team of people who are motivated by the opportunity to work with brilliant people on challenging problems that leave a positive impact on society.
Where you will have impact
- Ensure software performance and efficiency end-to-end., working between embedded and distributed infrastructure on one side, and machine learning (training and inference) and robotics use cases on the other side.
- Anticipate technical roadblocks – feasibility, schedule delays, complex interdependencies.
- Contribute to the definition and execution of engineering roadmaps.
- Make tough technical decisions putting in balance velocity, serviceability, sustainability.
- Set and hold a high bar of software engineering practices – design, coding, test.
- Be a mentor to tech leads and managers across the software engineering organisation..
What we are looking for in our candidate
- Experience as tech lead of teams or projects spanning 20+ software engineers.
- Deep understanding of system software, from hardware level to distributed systems.
- Experience in designing and implementing software for complex systems.
- Experience delivering complex systems into production, and supporting them post-production.
- Experience communicating with senior stakeholders including executives.
What we offer you
Competitive compensation with salary and equity
Immersion in a team of world-class researchers, engineers and entrepreneurs
A position to shape the future of autonomous driving and to tackle the biggest challenges of our time
Benefits such as an onsite chef, workplace nursery scheme, private health insurance, therapy, daily yoga, onsite bar, large social budgets, unlimited L&D requests, enhanced parental leave, and more!
- This is a full-time role based in our office in King’s Cross. If your role is possible to do remotely we support flexible working, including working for up to 2 weeks from anywhere in the world. We trust you to know what works best for your team and projects and ask that you have a healthy presence that enables the right meetings to happen in person and strong relationships to be built.
Wayve is built on people and their differences gives us strength. We are proud to be an equal opportunities workplace and encourage people from all walks of life to join our journey, growing and expanding with us. We don't just embrace diversity, we encourage it.
We asked employees of Wayve how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Wayve
London, UK and Mountain View, California