We’re on a mission to help our customers build a better business. We have offices in the UK and Australia as well as a team of people who work across the globe to provide unique business solutions, service and support that directly adds value to our client’s business.
Our clients tell us our people are our greatest strength, and who are we to disagree? We believe in our colleagues, and we make it a priority to reward their hard work. Unlimited holidays, supported development and private medical healthcare. These are only some of the amazing things we offer.
This role is based at our Durham office.
About the Role
This role is a new role within the business to help with our testing strategy and offering within the bespoke software development team. The role will not be manually testing applications, nor be the arbitrator of QA and feature sign-off within the team. The role will involve developing automated tests and writing test plans, but the primary purpose of this role is to create a testing culture within our software consultancy service.
Your Main Responsibilities
- Writing a variety of automated tests, focusing on integration testing, using a variety of technologies
- Working with the team to create test plans and test suites on greenfield projects, focusing on creating a test-driven development culture
- Coaching and mentoring development teams on appropriate testing strategies for a consultancy
- Coordinate with our security and compliance to ensure our testing strategies are complying with our internal quality policies
- Create and maintain a test-driven culture within a consultancy setting
- To bring in new technologies to the digital & data team centred around automated testing
- To find ways for these technologies to enhance the offering to our developer experience and our customers
- Utilise the wealth of research available on the DORA research program to find ways we can drive higher software delivery and organisational performance, focusing on testing approaches
Person Specification- Must have:
- C# / .NET experience in the realm of testing. We are primarily a Microsoft stack development team and use of this stack to understand the existing code base and develop new testing suites would be extremely beneficial.
- A DevOps mindset - understanding how capabilities like continuous testing, test data management and Behaviour Driven Design help develop world class software.
- An ability to present to customers and stakeholders, explaining difficult technical concepts in a way that the audience can understand.
Nice to have:
- Whilst you will be helping to define a technology stack around automated testing, experience in any of the following would be beneficial to best synergise with the way that the team currently work:
- Selenium, WebDriver
- SpecFlw / Cucumber
- Azure DevOps Test Plans
- Experience working in a consultancy environment is by no means essential, but still desirable.
- Experience working directly with customers is highly desirable.
The Waterstons Perks
- As well as offering a competitive salary, we also have an attractive benefits package including:
- A healthy work life balance with flexible and agile working being the norm
- Unlimited holiday allowance
- Room to grow with supported development opportunities and sponsored training
- Enhanced family policies
- If you ever need it, company sick pay and life assurance
- Supported wellbeing with regular initiatives, an employee assistance program and private medical insurance
- Flexible benefits such as a dental scheme, eye care support, season ticket loan and cycle to work
We require a security check to be carried out on all colleagues due to the nature of some of our clients’ industries.
Waterstons is committed to creating and an inclusive, understanding, and flexible place to work. We value diversity, equality and inclusion and encourage everyone to 'bring their whole selves' to work. We believe that a company that works to truly embrace and value diversity, create an environment where everyone from any background can do their best work, and feel valued and appreciated is a better company to work for.
Waterstons are gathering the data in this application for the purpose of recruitment and to ensure we can contact you regarding this application. For information about what we do with your personal data see our Privacy Notice.
We asked employees of Waterstons how satisfied they were with flexible working, and this is what they told us
Working at Waterstons
Durham, Glasgow, London and Sydney
What employees are saying
The flexibility and autonomy at Waterstons is an absolute joy. I've never seen anything like it anywhere else. We have the context we need to make the best possible decisions for our customers.