24 000 - 30 000 net PLN B2B
20 640 - 25 800 gross PLN Contract of employment
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognized how open banking has the power to transform the businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
About the project
PG is our new microservice project that manages connectivity between our core system and banking or partner networks with different APIs. You are joining a new team where everything is possible. You will work on high load high availability containerized microservices written in Java and NodeJS.
- Develop software application using your extensive knowledge of Java 17, Spring Boot 2.7, PostgreSQL and associated technologies,
- Participate in software design meetings and analyse user needs to determine technical requirements,
- Write efficient, reusable and maintainable code, whilst adhering to coding standards,
- Apply object-oriented programming, relational database technologies and modern frameworks for optimum solution per specification,
- Work on high availability high load containerized architecture,
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimisation,
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary,
- Manage time appropriately and clearly communicate changes in effort or scope,
- Contribute to documentation where required,
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends.
Competencies and Experience
- You have at least 4 years of experience in developing backend applications using Java,
- You have in-depth knowledge of Spring Boot framework and its ecosystems,
- You will be able to demonstrate experience working with PostgreSQL,
- Knowledge of object-oriented programming (OOP), programming principles and design patterns,
- You have experience in developing and working with microservices,
- You have been working in a CI/CD environment,
- You possess strong communication skills, ability to explain your decisions to the team in written and spoken English,
- Prior experience with Fintech products and Banking is more than welcome.
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast,
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of,
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals,
- During the week we mostly work remotely but for those who prefer to be in the office we arranged coworking spaces in Warsaw (Business Link Astoria) and Cracow (Chillispaces),
- Every Thursday, our employees meet and enjoy working together at the Puro Hotel in Cracow and Warsaw. There is always an opportunity to eat lunch together and grab some drinks after hours,
- Every occasion is a good reason for celebration; we organise Christmas parties and company retreats,
- We care about our employees’ health, so you will be provided with medical insurance by Luxmed,
- We offer paid holidays (pssst...we will give you one day off extra for your birthday),
- In addition, once every two months on Friday we close down all comms at Volt - a digital detox. The whole business is officially ordered to take the day off!
- If you want to work in a company with a great, start-up atmosphere, you don’t have to look further :)
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with our People & Culture representative. The video meeting will take about 30 minutes,
- Then it’s time for an Interview with the Product Owner of the project that you will potentially join! The meeting will take 30 minutes,
- In addition, we would like to check your technical skills connected to Java. The interview will last approximately 1 hour,
- Our SVP of Technology would also like to chat with you :) You can expect the meeting to last approximately 45 minutes,
- If successful, you will be given a job offer proposal.
Do you want to build our Java Team from scratch? If so, that’s definitely a perfect place for you!
The FlexScore® is the result of a rigorous 2-step verification of a company’s flexibility
First we assess the flexibility options Volt ⚡️ provides and then we anonymously survey a statistically significant proportion of their employees to make sure Volt ⚡️ is as flexible as they say they are. Our assessment is based on the six key elements of flexibility: location, hours, autonomy, benefits, role modelling and work-life balance.
We ask the hard questions so you don’t have to.
Working at Volt ⚡️
Gender diversity (male:female)
London, Amsterdam, Poland
Series A: $23.5 million
What employees are saying
Great flexible working, with a focus on high performance through clearly defined goals and two way communication.