3–4 days per week at home
Core hours 11 - 3
21 500 - 28 000 PLN net/month B2B
18 500 - 24 100 PLN gross/month UoP
When Volt launched in 2019, we recognised how open banking has the power to transform how businesses, wherever they happen to be, receive payments from their customers. So, we set about building an open payments gateway that enables merchants across the globe to receive direct, account-to-account payments – in real time.
Now, on the back of a record-breaking $23.5 million Series A funding round, we’re building an all-star team to achieve our goal of ‘real-time payments everywhere’.
About the project
Checkout is our interface for payment requests processing. This is where the payer selects their bank and provides all the necessary details to initialize the payment. You’ll be joining a team of 6 fantastic people led by Wojciech Grabias: 4 Frontend Developers, 1 PO and 1 QA. As a Frontend Software Engineer, you’ll work across the user-facing development lifecycle, building leading-edge disruptive financial technology solutions using Svelte, NodeJS, TypeScript and CSS.
- Develop applications using your knowledge of Svelte, TypeScript and CSS,
- Create scalable service using NodeJS and Fastify,
- Keep high code coverage using modern test frameworks,
- Participate in software design meetings and analyse user needs to determine technical requirements,
- Write efficient, reusable and maintainable code, whilst adhering to coding standards,
- Use modern frameworks to make the optimum solution that fits the requirements,
- Test and maintain these software products to ensure continuous strong functionality,
- Recommend improvements to existing software packages,
- Manage time appropriately and clearly communicate changes in effort or scope,
- Contribute to documentation where required,
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends.
Competencies and Experience
- You have at least 4 years of experience in developing web applications,
- You have in-depth knowledge of at least one of the latest frameworks (React/Vue/Svelte) and its ecosystems, and you possess experience with VanillaJS code,
- Practical experience of state and side effects management patterns and solutions (e.g. Vuex, Svelte Stores),
- Experience with A/B testing would be a huge asset,
- You have experience with TypeScript,
- You have experience working in an Agile, CI/CD environment,
- You are focused on delivering a quality product using best practices,
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical troubleshooting skills,
- You have experience collaborating on software projects with design and backend aspects,
- You have a strong eye for compelling visual and user-centered design,
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and can adapt to changing requirements,
- You possess strong communication skills, ability to explain your decisions to the team in written and spoken English,
- Prior experience with Fintech products is more than welcomed.
Why work at Volt?
- In 2021, we secured $23.5 million in Series A funding – a record in the open banking space. We’re going places – fast,
- We’re building new, game-changing tech that’s evolving at lightning speed. It’s energising to be part of,
- We champion ‘extreme ownership’ – being not just the owner of your own tasks, but a key member of a team united by, and accountable for, common goals,
- During the week we mostly work remotely but for those who prefer to be in the office we arranged coworking spaces in Warsaw (Business Link Astoria) and Cracow (Chillispaces),
- Every Thursday, our employees meet and enjoy working together at the Puro Hotel in Cracow and Warsaw. There is always an opportunity to eat lunch together and grab some drinks after hours,
- Every occasion is a good reason for celebration; we organise Christmas parties and company retreats,
- We care about our employees’ health, so you will be provided with medical insurance by Luxmed,
- We offer paid holidays (pssst...we will give you one day off extra for your birthday),
- In addition, once every two months on Friday we close down all comms at Volt - a digital detox. The whole business is officially ordered to take the day off!
- If you want to work in a company with a great, start-up atmosphere, you don’t have to look further :)
- Selected candidates will be invited for an initial interview with our People & Culture representative. The video meeting will take about 30 minutes,
- Then it’s time for a technical interview! The meeting will be conducted by two Technical Recruiters from Frontend area and will last 1 hour,
- Our SVP of Technology would also like to chat with you :) You can expect the meeting to last approximately 45 minutes,
- If successful, you will be given a job offer proposal.
Seems like a place you would like to be a part of? Our Checkout Team is waiting for you!